Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

t-28 emits high-pitched squeal/tone?!

Old 01-31-2008, 10:41 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t-28 emits high-pitched squeal/tone?!

hello friends! hope somebody can help. i just assembled my new parkzone t-28. when powered up per the instructions, after the appropriate beeps, the model emits a high pitched squeal or tone......continuously. it is loud enough to bother my ears when i am tinkering with the model. i called horizon hobby and they said it was probably the digital servos trying to center themselves. they did allow that this was not normal, but said once i was outside the noise "should not bother me." well, thanks for that! does anybody have any idea what might be goning on? this is my second dissapointment with a new parkzone.......i got two bad batterys with my new spitfire! thanks to all who reply! rob

ps.....all controls operate normally. also, the book said the normal stock position for the servo reversing switches on the transmitter are "up." mine came with all of the switches in the "down" position. might this have anything to do with this?
Old 03-16-2008, 08:25 AM

Default RE: t-28 emits high-pitched squeal/tone?!

I had the same problem with the "high pitch noise". I took it back to the hobby shop..they said the ESC was malfunctioning. I exchanged and the rest is history. Call Horizon/Park Zone and they should send you a new ESC (so i was told) with no problems.

Happy flying!!!
Old 03-16-2008, 05:30 PM

Default RE: t-28 emits high-pitched squeal/tone?!

the high pitched wine you hear is the digital servors. this noise is normal, all digital servors do it. if you unplug the elevator and rudder servor, you will notice the wine will go away, this is because the airlerons are not digital.