Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Brush2less device

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 09:40 AM
vzuelke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brush2less device

Does anyone have any experience using the Brush2less device? I have a Parkzone P-51D and want to go brushless. The Brush2less website says you can use the stock radio equipment that came with the plane.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:07 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Brush2less device

swarner:

The gear shown generally is a voltage reducer designed for the Parkzone equipment. Not knowing what you have makes things a little difficult to help you. Assume you are using a 2 to 4 channel radio with brushed gear, maby including a gearing system. The device will allow you to go to li-po and maby brushless which is the best way to go overall. The device makes up for stock equipment deficiencys used to keep equipment costs down.

You can spend a lot of bucks working around inadequate equipment design, the direction you are going. IMHO, you are better starting to equip yourself with good overall usable gear. There are all sorts of used equipment available now especially with so many guys convertilng to 2.4 Specktrums types. A good older transmitter and receiver is far superior to the low cost stuff you are using and available at lower costs. You should be able to find a Fatuba 6-7 channel trans and RX for around $50.00 that has been well cared for and lightly used. Or, a JR, or Hitec, any mainstreem system in good working order. Our club has this stuff available almost all the time, generally good stuff. If you are not a member of a local club, you should find a good club with a field close to home. There is lots of free knowledge there, and lots of help. Yes, lots of old gizzers in the club, but they are your best source of good and cheep gear. Consider them as grandfather types, they make good friends in the hobby. There will be one or two gruff old birds in the group, ignore them, many fine helpfull older folk there also. Most financially strapped newbys coming into our local club will walk out with a complete airplane and gear after the first few meetings. We all have stuff laying around that is good, and most enjoy helping the new people regardless of age. My 6 year old grandson flys parkzone and similar stuff simply because his Dad thinks he does not have the time to devote to the kid, they live far enough away that coming over here is inconvient. Grandchild has several 40 sized trainers from me, but he still has no way to get to a field large enough for glow stuff. Kid is forced to fly in the front yard, park or what ever. Most of his stuff survives for a few flights only, generally is cheep junk that frequently fails and the kid gets discouraged.

Hope this helps you a little in the right direction. When it comes to special equipment, call the manufacturer or distributor and get their imput based on your need. They should also stand behind their recommendations when thing don't work out as intended. Learn to get the best bang for your buck. ENJOY
Old 02-02-2008, 12:13 AM
vzuelke

I appreciate your response. I am new at this and was not sure really what I was getting into with this Brushed2less device. I agree, I would rather have a different radio than the one that came with my Parkzone P-51D it just looked promising as to the money it claimed I could save by not having to upgrade all the radio gear just to go brushless. The stock radio equipment is quite glitchy and somewhat awkward but right now my budget is tight. I will take your advice and find a local club that may have a few people willing to sell me one of their old but working radios. The P-51D is my first plane after the Skyfly and I love the P-51D. It is just a bit underpowered. I am hoping to get a brushless set up that will remedy that without breaking my budget. I was thinking something like the E-Flight 480 outrunner brushless might do the job.

Thanks for the help
Old 02-02-2008, 08:48 PM
RedGN

Try putting in a 11.1v 2200mah lipo into it first. The battery will help. You will also need a 25 amp brushed speed controller. This might be a little cheaper for now and you can always use the battery in your brushless set up later.

Hope this helps