Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives
Reload this Page >

Throttle Sticking Open on PZ Typhoon 2--ESC Problem

Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Throttle Sticking Open on PZ Typhoon 2--ESC Problem

Old 02-10-2008, 10:50 AM
Catgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Sticking Open on PZ Typhoon 2--ESC Problem

I have a Parkzone Typhoon 2 3D RTF I got for Christmas and have probably somewhere between 25 to 35 flights on it. It's never been crashed and nothing has been changed from the default setup.

The last time I flew it, I thought I got some radio interference because the throttle didn't respond, but when I turned the plane to come back towards me, it responded fine on the controls. Just to be safe I decided to land. I landed fine but then when I gave it a bit of throttle to taxi back, the throttle went up fine but wouldn't go back down when I pulled the stick back. It finally went back to idle after a couple of scary seconds. I bumped it a hair & it did it again. Luckily I never hit anything.

The next time I was going to fly, I tested the throttle response on the stand. I got the correct beeps when I hooked up the battery. All control surfaces work fine. But again when I gave it throttle, it responded, but wouldn't respond when I pulled the stick back. After a couple seconds delay, it went back to idle. I unplugged the battery & checked all my connections, then tried it again. Once again the throttle responded when I applied it but did not respond when I tried to lower it. This time it didn't go back to idle after a few seconds but stayed stuck on open. I immediately unplugged the battery & haven't messed with it since.

I have no idea what the problem is but figure it has to be the speed control. Is it fried? If so, why? I have only had this plane for about 3 months & I wouldn't think I've done anything to cause the ESC to fry.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
Old 02-12-2008, 07:43 AM
simmo8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Throttle Sticking Open on PZ Typhoon 2--ESC Problem

hello

it might be fried if you run your typhoon with a lipo and run the plane at full throttle for the full duration of the flight also it might help if the esc is moved to some where the heat sinks have cool air runing over them.
good luck

simmo