Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

35a brushless esc for a 3550kv motor

Old 03-15-2008, 06:13 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35a brushless esc for a 3550kv motor

just checking if a 35a esc will be good for the 3550kv motor. i was told i needed a 25 amp. would the 35 amp give me room to upgrade engine later on, but want to make sure there is no problems. its going on a trex 450xl..
Old 03-15-2008, 07:57 PM

Default RE: 35a brushless esc for a 3550kv motor

It is always good to have some head-room - though you really should figure out what the motor is rated for as far as max amps and max watts go, (and what your particular set-up actually draws), before deciding on the ESC.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:17 PM
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: 35a brushless esc for a 3550kv motor

BB:

Like the Doc says, do the math and the theory stuff, and then check it out to verrify what the system is actually doing. Gotta have a watt meeter. Will pay for itself in one or two uses. Extra room in the controller gives you a little wiggle room for when you do something unusual and draw more than the systems limits, like doing a wall. Last thing you want is a cut out 3 feet off the ground. Been there, repaired that. EnJOY