Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

GWS A-10

Old 10-06-2008, 07:36 PM
jdix42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS A-10

OK guys i need help I have a gws a10 with the edf50a power system and it has very little power.
What can i do to get more power I wold like to go brshless with 3cell lipo's i need suggestions. Also i am on a bit of a budget. If i go brushless do i have to use dual speed controllers or can i get by with one esc.
anyway any thoughts wold be greatly appreciated links to web sites are very helpful.
By the way the can size of the brushed motors in thes plane are 12mm wide x30mm long
Thanks Jeff
Old 10-06-2008, 07:37 PM
jdix42

Default RE: GWS A-10

sorry for the spelling but half of the time my U doesnt work
Old 10-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Dr Kiwi

Default RE: GWS A-10

You will need two ESCs! I would suggest Medusa 5300 12mm motors (not the cheapest but the best).

If you have the 3-blade EDF 50 you can get 6oz thrust from 7.4A/79W to each motor! A Medusa 4000 will get you 4oz from 4.15A/44W.

If you have the 5-blade EDF 50 only the Medusa 4000 is safe for 3s use - 4.6oz from 5.15A/55W.

Since I doubt you were getting more than 2.5oz from IPS motors this is a big step up in performance.

I can't recommend Feigao 12mm motors, but it is possible that the Hyperion 12mm motors are a bit better. None match the Medusa.