Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

MOTOR IDENTIFICATION QUESTION

Old 10-07-2008, 02:26 PM
darticus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MOTOR IDENTIFICATION QUESTION

I sometimes see a motor on a plane that runs real good but I don't know where to get one. Is there a way to match the motors? I look at another motor and they look the same but how can you tell if the windings are the same and it has the same power or RPM's ? Just getting close is good enough. Here is a pic of the motor I wanted to find a match for. I think its either 1100kv or 1360kv. Any help would be great! Thanks Ron
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87336.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	1047623  
Old 10-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Dr Kiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MOTOR IDENTIFICATION QUESTION

ORIGINAL: darticus

I sometimes see a motor on a plane that runs real good but I don't know where to get one. Is there a way to match the motors? I look at another motor and they look the same but how can you tell if the windings are the same and it has the same power or RPM's ? Just getting close is good enough. Here is a pic of the motor I wanted to find a match for. I think its either 1100kv or 1360kv. Any help would be great! Thanks Ron
That looks like a Blue Wonder sold by Hobby City - it comes in three 'flavors": 1300Kv, 1500Kv, 1700Kv. Match the weight and Kv and max. amp draw, and you'll be pretty close to what you need.