Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Help TURNIGY 80A beeping question

Old 10-28-2008, 04:08 PM
testfly

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Help TURNIGY 80A beeping question

TURNIGY 80A ESC use to sound a tone when I turned on my receiver. (Through the motor maybe)
At any rate I only get the sound when I plug in the motor battery now. The controllers seam to be working fine. I am
just not sure about the tone thing.

I have 2 on a twin (Hanger 9 B-25)
http://www.seabreezeparachutes.com/b...5-10-16-08.wmv

Any thoughts???
Old 10-28-2008, 09:41 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help TURNIGY 80A beeping question

The tone is actually coming from the motor. Look up "voice coil" on wikipedia for more information on how this works.

When the tones sound depends on the ESC design. Some ESCs only beep when they arm, some beep a certain number of times when they're powered up, and then beep again when they receive a signal from the receiver to indicate that they're armed.

I'm guessing that the motor no longer responds to the throttle? First thing to do is double-check all the connections.