Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Orion Pilot ESC help

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 04:44 PM
fhm101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orion Pilot ESC help

Hey folks. I just got an orion Avionics 14A ESC and the instructions are a bit vague on setup for li-po use.

The thing has a 3 pin jumper set and the instructions indicate the the upper two are for nimh while the lower two are for li-po. THe problem is the instructions don't tell you which side of the ESC to be looking at when the pins are selected and the drawing provided give no indication of this either. Since the jumper is on the end of the board it can be seen from both front and rear (top or bottom) which makes it impossible to tell which set of pins are correct for li-po use. If I pick the wrong jumper config my cut off will be 3.7 volts for a 3 cell li-po.