Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Need help going brushless on a PZ FW-190

Old 11-09-2008, 07:07 PM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need help going brushless on a PZ FW-190

Hey guys, I sure need some HELP [sm=drowning.gif] on picking a brushless motor for a Parkzone FW 190 that has the stock setup in it now (geared motor). I like my glow powered warbirds to be fast and this will be no exception on the fw 190. Ive been thinking about a brushless motor from HobbyCity that is a Turnigy 35-30c that is rated at 1100 kv,listed link here:
https://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/...idProduct=3883
would this be a good choice for LOTS of speed on the PZ 190??? I will be using a 40 amp esc and a zippy 3s 2200 mah lipo that has a discharge rate of 20 amps. Im not sure on what prop sizes to try also... I just know I dont want to burn anything up by overloading it. If there is any motor that would be a better setup than what I have listed, please chime in and let me know,... also if someone could tell me if they think the 20 amp lipo listed above will be good enough
Im pretty new to electrics but have flown glow/ gas for a while, so I would really appreciate someone that knows more than me about brushless setups giving me some MUCH NEEDED advice
Thanks in advance!
John
Old 11-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need help going brushless on a PZ FW-190

Hey John,

You'll need a pretty steeply-pitched prop to get lots of speed out of that motor. 1100Kv is not really all that hot of a motor at that size range. It's more of a 3D motor. Take a look at the 35-30A 1700Kv model. They're running these on Funjets according to the feedback at the bottom of the motor's page.

Is your pack rated 20A or 20C? Big difference. 20C means 20 times the Capacity of the pack, which in your case would be 44 Amps. That's a lot more than 20 Amps. Most packs are rated in terms of "C."
Old 11-12-2008, 10:18 AM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Need help going brushless on a PZ FW-190

Hi Matt, I ordered my stuff last night from HC and actually went with the 3530 1700 kv motor, so I feel better Glad I didnt go with the lower kv one.
My batt packs are listed as 20C, I ordered 2 of the zippy 2200 3S 20C and a 40 amp "simple series" esc. Got some recommendations for props to try? I dont have a wattsup meter, but could probablly borrow one from a club member.
I sure thank you for your replies and help.... Im slowly learning about these electrics and Im sure I'll have more questions
John