Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

brushless set up for b 17

Old 11-14-2008, 08:57 AM
redparkflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brushless set up for b 17

Has anyone used 4 brushless motors and 4 speed controlers in a B17 , i have been advised to dissconnect all power connectors from the speedo to the receiver and use a small battery for the planes radio, if any one has any ideas or wireing diagrams it would be a help regards redparkflyer.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:38 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: brushless set up for b 17

It depends on how large of a B-17 you're talking about here. For sure, you want to disable all but one BEC if the plane is small and the power systems run off a 3S (11.1V) LiPoly, AND if the BEC is rated to handle the number of servos the plane has.

That's done by removing the center, red, wire from the servo plug on each ESC and taping it back.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:09 PM
retread

Default RE: brushless set up for b 17

I'm building a Tony Nijhuis B-17 using 4 Dualsky XM3530CA-12 motors with 8" 3 blade MasterAirscrews and 4 Dualsky XC2512BA esc's. Powered by 2 - 3300mah 3S packs in parallel. This setup yanks just over 600w when the throttle is firewalled and 300w at 1/2 throttle static. Running the setup at 300w, I have a solid 11 minute run with about 1000mah left in parallel pack (500mah each), and all I shoot for is 10 minute flights. I will be using a separate rx 4.8v battery pack and disabling the bec's.
Oh, by the way, the sound is pretty sexy too!