Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Speed controler question

Old 11-14-2008, 09:06 PM
bgfireman
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed controler question

I am running a eflite 25 amp brushlees speed control on a eflite 450 motor with a 3s lipo. When ever I throttle back to land it acts like the brake comes on, but I have gone through the process of cutting off the brake twice. Could the esc be bad or could it be in the motor. This is on a eflite mini ultra stick. Boy does it really speed up on the landing approach without the prop slowing it down. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Alan
Old 01-16-2009, 01:04 PM
TedMo

Default RE: Speed controler question

You should be able to tell if brake is coming on simply by running motor and cutting throttle to fully off. motor should stop but freewheel for moment when brake is off. If it stops immediatly brake is on. Also when brake is on when you turn prop by hand you will feel slight resistance, of course with power on but throttle off.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:50 PM
Dorsal
My Feedback: (17)

Get a Programming Card like this one - http://tinyurl.com/9ozvh5 - and you'll KNOW how the ESC is set. All that beep-beep junk is for the birds.1
Old 01-20-2009, 12:20 AM
Joe Ford
My Feedback: (1)

Alan...plug in the battery in such a way that the ESC does not arm. Use a stick or screwdriver to turn the prop/motor. If the brake is on you'll usually hear a singing sound...much like a digital servo makes. If it spins with no sound there's probably no brake on.