Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

e flite 60 shaft extension

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 12:06 AM
pattucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e flite 60 shaft extension

I'm installing a eflight 60 motor in a 4 meter sailplane. I want to mount so the fixed portion of the can is mounted to the fire wall. i need a longer prop shaft to be able to connect to a folding prop assembly. Any thoughts on where i can find a shaft extension. acutally how far can it be extended before shaft wobble might occur? any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks
Old 11-29-2008, 10:09 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: e flite 60 shaft extension

Shaft extensions are pretty much unheard of. At the RPMs these motors make, even the shortest of shaft extensions would wobble catastrophically.

How far does it need to be extended? You might be able to get away with replacing the shaft with a piece of drill rod of the same diameter if it is short enough. You can find drill rod at www.mcmaster.com, but be aware that it is VERY hard and difficult to cut. Normal round bar is too soft and will bend easily.