Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

EMAX BL2826-850KV Any info?

Old 01-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Bigc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EMAX BL2826-850KV Any info?

I see an EMAX BL 2826 advertised as a drop in replacement for the Axi 2826/10. Anybody know anything about these motors?
About 1/3 the price of the AXI out of China.

BigC
Old 01-21-2009, 11:04 PM
OEMFlyer

Default RE: EMAX BL2826-850KV Any info?

Hey bigc
I purchased one of these motors with a 60 amp esc and program card ( all for about the price of just the axi motor) from toysonics.com. I used it to convert a Hobbico Avistar to eflight. I powered it with their Loong max 4s 4300mah lipo. I have yet to fly it (due to weather) but testing it in my shop with a 12x6e prop. It has ton of thrust. the motor appears to be very well made. It has three ball bearings and comes with a rear mount and prop adapter. If it has decent longevity I will be happy!
oemflyer
Old 01-22-2009, 12:54 PM
RedGN

I have 3 of these moters power my planes and they are awsome. The price is going up on them but get them while theyre still fairly low.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:46 PM
slope-soarer

I bought one of these motors and used it for a while with a 60Amp ESC.
It is used on a 3 meter glider which weighs 7 lbs ready to fly with 10 cell nimh packs. I also use 3S lipos which brings the weight down quite a bit !

What do I reckon to this motor.... well I bought two more so I guess I am pretty pleased with it !

Damned good motor, powerful and cheap.