Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

F.Y.I. Wattage 370 Motor Info/Question

Old 06-08-2003, 06:19 AM
PropWrench
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F.Y.I. Wattage 370 Motor Info/Question

I have tested several makes of Speed 300 class motors and have found that the best consistent performer is Wattages 370 i.e. Crazy Max motor. I have a scratch built that easily hovers with UNLIMITED vertical .......but only with this motor. The only complaint I have had with these motors is that they are hard on brushes when running on eight cells.... about two a week! I have tried other motors including all GWS motors (stamped with 5D, 6S, 6F, 4S etc..), Graupners Speed 300 and the Simprop Acro 280BB w/replaceable brushes only to be disappointed with the results. I have also tried an Astro 010 motor with the same outcome.

After disassembly I have found that the Wattage motors are a 28T winding. All the GWS' and the Graupner Sp 300 are a 32T winding with a smaller gage wire. Also the Wattage timing is advanced a little more that the others. This explains the difference.

If you have a sluggish model like the GWS P-51, E-Starter or ME109 or are looking for a little more without having to invest in a brush-less, the Wattage motor can really wake them up.

Has anyone tried an RS4 Micro car core-less motor in a bird or know what they would compare with? Is there a better motor out there without going with a (brush-less) like my two Hacker B20s?
Old 06-09-2003, 03:00 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F.Y.I. Wattage 370 Motor Info/Question

Ah, you've found the 6V version of the Mabuchi RS380. It's a "hotter" motor than your run of the mill Speed 300.

GWS will soon have an EPS350 with this motor in it.