Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

HELP!! AXI prop shaft reversal question

Old 02-06-2009, 08:48 PM
tntelectric
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! AXI prop shaft reversal question

I reversed the prop shaft on my AXI 2212/26 motor, but I realized that now the spinning part of the motor along with the shaft will actually pull out of the back side of the motor now because there is no longer a snap ring on the back side of the motor and shaft! The snap ring and tiny allen screw are on the front side of the motor now due to the reversing of the shaft! How do I now keep the motor from pulling apart during running? Thanks guys! Tom
Old 02-07-2009, 09:18 AM
Dr Kiwi

Default RE: HELP!! AXI prop shaft reversal question

In most cases the magnets will keep the motor together, but to be safe, can you leave enough shaft to attach a small wheel collar to it?

Here is a Suppo 2820/6 with a wheel collar out the back!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68548.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	1129387  
Old 02-08-2009, 02:12 AM
tntelectric

If I installed a wheel collar, then the prop shaft will be too short, meaning the prop will hit the front part (the nose) of the plane. I guess I could install some spacers between the motor mount and the firewall....that would place the prop further forward so it would clear. What's your thought on that? Thanks! Tom
Old 02-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Dr Kiwi

Nothing wrong with some stand-offs if that resolves the issue.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:55 PM
tntelectric

Hi Dr KIWI,

Well...I agree. So, I will try the spacers behind the motor mount technique, and if that doesn't work, (which it probably will) I'll simply trim the foam nose down a bit. Trimming the nose however, is not so great cosmetically because it is a hawk shaped powered glider, and that would ruin the shape if his (its) bill. Gotta keep it looking realistic....so I can trick my RC buddies into thinking they're actually seeing a real live hawk! Cool huh? Thanks for all your suggestions Doc! Happy Landings. Tnteletric (Tom)