Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

What Speed Controller will I need????

Old 06-15-2003, 09:43 PM
glennlouise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Speed Controller will I need????

I have been flying glow aircraft for 15 years and have decided to try electric flight. I have purchased the Stratus 2000 by Kyosho and it comes with a LeMans AP36L motor. I will be using a 7 cell 8.4 volt battery pack.

The instructions don't tell me what ampage speed controller I will require, any help on this would be appreciated.

Also could anyone tell me what size the above motor is(400, 540 etc)???

And is that the best motor for a 2 metre glider or is there better options out there.

These are basic questions i guess but i am new to this electric thing.

Thanks in advance

Glenn
Old 06-16-2003, 08:51 PM
da king
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Speed Controller will I need????

UMMMM ..... not sure what size motor that is. You can take it to a hobby shop and i am sure they can tell you. I would run a geared speed 400 or a 500 for the 2 meter glider.

If you have a little money, get a speed 400 size brushless like the mega. It has tons of power and way better run time than the can motors, and you will never have to buy another one. With the can motors you will be buying a new one a lot more than you think. I went through about 3 speed 400 in my hlg in 2 months of flying.

hope this hleps