Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

esc help motor trying to turn both ways

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 06:41 PM
matt4em

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default esc help motor trying to turn both ways

i have a e flite etxra 260 with a scorpion 3008-28 motor and a 40a esc i got off ebay i connected it all up and it ran ok but only for a couple of minutes then the motor cut out, so i charged the battery but now it wont work properly, i plug it in and apply throttle and the prop just flickers about both directions as ifi it is trying to go both ways at once

anyone know how to get around it thanks
mat
Old 04-23-2009, 07:13 PM
BigTb17

Default RE: esc help motor trying to turn both ways

Check the connections between the motor and ESC very carefully. If one or more of the three wires has a poor connection it can cause that issue. It is also possible that there is a problem with the motor or ESC. Definitely check all the connections very carefully. Sometimes even a loose or cracked solder joint can cause the issue, so don't write off the components until you check everything well. Good luck.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:22 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

agreed...

that is normally a timing issue... and bad connectors can be a sure cause....
Old 04-24-2009, 12:14 PM
whitecrest

A mechanical obstruction can also be the cause. Just a small bit of metal attracted inside the motor can prevent free turning. There is very little space between the rotor magnets and the stator.