Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

snap rings for 1/8 dia shaft AXI motors

Old 05-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default snap rings for 1/8 dia shaft AXI motors

I lost one in reworking an AXI 2208 motor - had to order 100. Selling 6 for $1 including shipping. See eBay item No. 260411121662
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63108.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	1198692  
Old 05-15-2009, 11:57 AM
richg99

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: snap rings for 1/8 dia shaft AXI motors

Red. I don't need that one...but..if someone made up a set of say 3 each of most of those little sizes...I'd bet some guys would buy the set for ten bucks (shipped) or so, just to keep a supply on hand. Or, maybe such a collection already exits???

I know that when I lost one, I had to find an older broken motor. I got lucky that the rings were the same size. Rich
Old 05-15-2009, 08:35 PM
toywizard

Has anyone tried Lawson.com ?

I buy lots of sets of stuff from them. I guess I could put together what ever anyone needs and resell but the quality of these guys is great.

The other guys I use is RTL Fasteners. Good stuff, good deal.

Its usually the shipping that kills guys like us with this stuff.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:38 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

ORIGINAL: richg99

Red. I don't need that one...but..if someone made up a set of say 3 each of most of those little sizes...I'd bet some guys would buy the set for ten bucks (shipped) or so, just to keep a supply on hand. Or, maybe such a collection already exits??? I know that when I lost one, I had to find an older broken motor. I got lucky that the rings were the same size. Rich
There is an opportunity for you. :-) I paid $4.95 plus $5 for shipping for 100 rings. If I sell all of them 6 for a $1 on ebay including shipping I will only be out $8.50 after taking out postage, e-Bay and Pay Pal fees. Such a deal! Maybe I should order more and make it up in volume.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:00 PM
richg99

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep..... the shipping ( and the large quantity purchase sizes)...is what makes all of these things a PIA. 

Not me, not you..but somebody who has access to this stuff could probably do a decent business if they packaged an "assortment" of rings, etc.    I haven't looked hard, but I also haven't seen such an offer anywhere. I suggested it to one internet retailer, and he said he didn't have access to such things???  regards,  Rich  

Old 05-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

ORIGINAL: richg99

Yep..... the shipping ( and the large quantity purchase sizes)...is what makes all of these things a PIA.

Not me, not you..but somebody who has access to this stuff could probably do a decent business if they packaged an "assortment" of rings, etc. I haven't looked hard, but I also haven't seen such an offer anywhere.Isuggested it to one internet retailer, and he said he didn't have access to such things??? regards, Rich
I'm afraid the volumn just isn't there to make this a viable small parts venture. An assortment of rings - I think I've had to use 2 or 3 in my 60 years of modeling - and I do a lot of dumb things when trying to fix stuff others would just throw away.

Old 05-16-2009, 06:27 PM
toywizard

I tend to save EVERYTHING and then can't find anything. lol
I know I got one......just where did I stuff it?

I think you are correct Red, the snap ring/retaining ring business would be good for about 60 folks accross the country........so then what would we do to
make the other $30k per year or so just to make ends meet?
Thats why the guys that sell that stuff have so many combo packs and do "other" stuff.

When we need these snap rings its really hard to find them and then you have this big, over paid for bag of them.

I think this is true in a lot of businesses.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:26 PM
jdetray

ORIGINAL: toywizard
Has anyone tried Lawson.com ?
You'll be disappointed if you try Lawson.com. They are a software and services company.

You'll have better luck with:
http://www.lawsonproducts.com/

- Jeff
Old 05-17-2009, 08:17 PM
toywizard

Yup, thats what I ment. Sorry if I mislead anyone.