Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

trouble shooting bec

Old 05-18-2009, 04:29 PM
tonywayne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trouble shooting bec

When i plug my speed control into the rx my servos get pwr but no pwr to motor. I have tride different throtle positions and polarity on the motor poles. i tested the throtle chan on the rx and it works, im getting pwr threw the bec back to the rx. i have tride2 diff motors and bec's. Any sugestions?
Old 05-20-2009, 08:07 AM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: trouble shooting bec

TW,

first question: do you have a Futaba TX?  If so you need to reverse the throttle channel.  If that doesn't do it check the EPA (volume) to make sure it is at 100% or a bit more.   Is your trim set at neutral?

Are your batteries charged?  If not you could be hitting low voltage cut-off.

I'm not being a s-a, but have you read the manual for your ESC.  It may have a start up sequence something like throttle at zero for power-up, then after a couple of seconds go to full throttle then back to zero, wait for a signal and then you're good to go.

If one of these suggestions doesn't do it for you, post again, but with the brand of Tx and the brand, size and cell range of the ESC.  knowing what your battery pack is will help, too.
Waltl