Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Jetti ESC for Lipo

Old 06-09-2009, 11:03 AM
suzonka
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetti ESC for Lipo

I have an older Jetti ESC rated for 60 Amps and usage with for 10 Ni cads or Nimh batteries, now that Im switching over to lipos all S3 1300- 2100 Mah in size , can Iuse this jettiEsc with a can motor and a S3 lipo?
Old 06-09-2009, 07:42 PM
sportygreg
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Jetti ESC for Lipo

You could use it but you will need a Lipo cutoff so you don't kill your batteries.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:55 PM
nick_cool

Yes, the problem is not the voltage (11,1v vs 12v) the problem is to set the cut off voltage in 9V or at least 8V
Old 07-06-2009, 08:46 PM
suzonka
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: nick_cool

Yes, the problem is not the voltage (11,1v vs 12v) the problem is to set the cut off voltage in 9V or at least 8V
so the motor wont burn up if kept under a lower throttle setting, but the cutoff of the lipo is important, ,well what if I time a few flights and then remember what time to end the flight with this model?