Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Mini Blade size fuse holder

Old 07-01-2003, 06:41 PM
JoeEagle
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Blade size fuse holder

Just getting into electrics, and my hobby shop buddy told me that a cool setup is to use a mini sized blade fuse as the "on-off" switch.

cool, got the 30 amp mini blade fuses, but cannot seem to find a mini fuse holder.

i found an "in line" one from radio shack, but its kinda huge. ace hardware, no luck, pep boys, no luck.

i'm trying to go with the smallest size that i can because unlike my 35% stuff, weight DOES matter, at least that's what i was told.

specific parts/stores would be helpful. it appears that any old autoparts store is not good enough

cheers

joe
Old 07-02-2003, 02:03 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

If your "hobby shop buddy" is so smart, why won't he tell you where to get the fuse holder? Some buddy, withholding information like that!

Normally, you don't want to put a fuse in between the battery and ESC. What happens is that if the fuse blows, you lose complete control of the airplane, and it crashes. That's no fun.
Old 07-02-2003, 11:34 PM
JoeEagle
My Feedback: (26)

ah haaa..

well, he's a new buddy anyhow. my old buddy is a 40% guy..kinda makes him hard to see as i am getting older.

anyhow, how about between the ESC and the motor?? i guess that doesn't prevent the ESC from drawing power, eh?

if you but the fuse between the motor and the esc and sized the fuse (in this case) to be 30 amps for a 35 amp rated esc, why wouldn't this work??

cheers

joe