Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Transmitter Loss of Signal

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 09:54 PM
shawge39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmitter Loss of Signal

I just installed a Turnigy Plush 30A ESC with a Turnigy 2200 Kv motor into an Easystar. I am sure I've missed something but if/when the Tx gets shut off (or in the case of a loss of signal) the motor goes to full throttle. Initially I had the throttle server reversed (new Futaba 7C Tx, I just had not bothered to reverse it yet) but that has been fixed and the problem persists. Does anyone have some suggestions as to what could be causing this to happen?
Old 01-28-2010, 12:25 PM
pilotpete2

Default RE: Transmitter Loss of Signal

You need to relink the receiver with the throttle in the low position now that the throttle reversing has been set correctly, that will set the fail safe to closed throttle in the event of loss of signal
With a Futaba transmitter, you will want to set the throttle servo reversing to REV for any model that is E-powered. If all you fly is electric, it would be a good idea to go through all the model memories and set the throttle to REV for all the models, but always test a new setup to be sure. My personal method with new electrics setups is to link and test the model with out the prop, de-fang the beast
Pete
Old 01-28-2010, 05:08 PM
shawge39

When you say "relink the receiver with the throttle in the low position" what do you mean?

I finally pulled out the manual for the Tx and set the throttle to REV for all models, so hopefully this doesn't happen again. I think I may have messed up the ESC programming so I went back through and reprogrammed it today but did not try a loss of signal. I'll have to do that tonight.

Old 01-29-2010, 04:38 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

For Futaba radios when working with just about any ESC I've ever seen, the throttle channel needs to be set to REV

Make sure you set your fail safe to full low throttle. Hold the airplane and test it before you get chased across the pits by your own airplane, trust me thats embarassing.