Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives
Reload this Page >

Converting a Hobby King Turnigy C3530-1700 motor

Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Converting a Hobby King Turnigy C3530-1700 motor

Old 03-25-2010, 01:22 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Converting a Hobby King Turnigy C3530-1700 motor

I have a Turnigy C3530-177 motor but would like to use a folding type prop instead of a standard fixed blade prop as per the adapter supplied with the motor. My question is this, can the motor shaft be reversed so that the long portion of the shaft comes out the other end of the motor allowing a folding type prop to be fitted. Thanks guys.

Karol
Old 03-25-2010, 03:37 PM
Dr Kiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Converting a Hobby King Turnigy C3530-1700 motor

Remove any circlips and/or set screws and simply press ( do not HAMMER) the shaft through...you may need to leave enough shaft sticking out, in order to fit a wheel collar (to prevent the entire shaft and bell from flying out forward) since you will be in tractor mode.

If there is a circlip groove cut in the tip of the shaft (as it is now), then you won't need the wheel-collar.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:51 AM
karolh

Thanks Dr.

Karol
Old 03-30-2010, 10:41 PM
karolh

ORIGINAL: Dr Kiwi

Remove any circlips and/or set screws and simply press ( do not HAMMER) the shaft through...you may need to leave enough shaft sticking out, in order to fit a wheel collar (to prevent the entire shaft and bell from flying out forward) since you will be in tractor mode.

If there is a circlip groove cut in the tip of the shaft (as it is now), then you won't need the wheel-collar.
That was a quite straight forward exercise and was just as you described it. Being quite new to electrics I have another question, the motor has three wires coming from it, a black, a red and a yellow and the side of the Speed Controller that connects to it has three red wires coming from positions labeled A, B, and C. My question is what connects to what.

Karol