Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Big Problem-need help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 12:19 AM
massivek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Problem-need help!

okay so i am new to rc planes and i just got a ARF plane. was just ready to fly it after adjusting the trim when i noticed how the propeller wasn't spinning in the right direction. so after i took the motor out and switched the two outside wires(the 3 blue ones theat connect to the ESC i switched the outside ones) the plane wouldnt work. the esc kept beeping and the servos wouldnt move. im not sure if its the motor or the esc but i need help!
parts:
http://www.toysonics.com/emax-35amp-...oller-esc.html
http://www.toysonics.com/emax-bl2815...ess-motor.html
http://www.toysonics.com/futaba-6exp...hz-futk63.html

Old 04-19-2010, 08:08 AM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Big Problem-need help!

If the ESC is beeping it's getting power. Any chance you pulled the plug to the RX loose? Re-check all connections.

You followed the correct procedure to reverse the motor direction. Once in a great while the motor won't run or won't run correctly after making this change. Try switching one of the wires you alreedy switched with the one you didn't.

I noticed that you are using a Futaba TX. They usually require reversing the throttle channel.

You stated that the plane was an ARF. How ARF was it? Did you install the radio and power train or was it pre-installed?

Did you charge the batteries? They usually come with a Storage charge and will poop out rather quickly.

These are all possibilities, but it sounds to me like the ESC and RX are not talking to each other, so I'd check that connection first.
Walt
Old 04-19-2010, 08:10 AM
speedy72vega

If the ESC just beeps, and no response from the servos, it sounds like there's a loose connection between the ESC and RX. Check the connection at the throttle port on the RX and make sure it's secure.
The ESC will beep constantly when it's powered up, but doesn't receive a signal from the RX.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:11 AM
speedy72vega

Oops, you beat me to it Walt.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:17 AM
Walt Thyng

And you call yourself "Speedy" (-:
Walt
Old 04-19-2010, 10:29 AM
speedy72vega

[sm=lol.gif]
Old 04-19-2010, 06:23 PM
massivek

well i charged everything and checked the cables everythings right. but i think its because after switching the wires on the motor it wasnt the same programming as the esc had(which i never acually progamed i just tryed the plane out before and the servos worked with the esc initial programing). so i think i can reset the ESC. is this a possibility?
Old 04-20-2010, 07:13 AM
Real Gambler

Well, reseting it would not do much. As the other have said, it does look like your Rx is not getting any power from the ESC. Please tell us what ESC and Rx you're using as this may help a bit.

Was there a led going on on the Rx before and if so, is it still going on? Are you sure your battery is fully charged? If it's a Rx with a bind plug for binding, did you remove the plug?
Old 04-20-2010, 04:15 PM
massivek

Well i found out my esc was disconnected from the rx i hoped it wasnt because it was a pain how small the body was threading the wires back and forth but im happy so problem solved. i have a question though on your transmitter is the throttle neutral position the center of the stick so the propeller can be controlled to rotate in two directions?
Old 04-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Walt Thyng

It can be done, but requires a more sophisticated Tx than you have I think.
Walt
Old 04-21-2010, 08:22 AM
cyclops2

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The specifications of the 35 amp ESC look great !

I really like the overheat protection.

Rich