Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Mystery motor

Old 06-06-2010, 02:17 PM
tacx
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mystery motor

Hi All,

A friend of mine, who is not into RC, gave me a motor that came from a RC boat project that never was completed. It is new and never run. It has only two wires coming out of it, so believe that would make it brushed. My problem is that it also has no markings on it whatsoever, so I don't know what voltage it takes, or anything else. Is there a way of determining the required votage by useing a multi meter or is there some other method I could use. I would really like to find a project for it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tom
Old 06-06-2010, 03:04 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Mystery motor

TACX:

Yea, its a brushed motor. When this stuff is included in a package, its usually junk or so close to junk its scary. There are some good brushed motors out there on the higher end, but you risk your project to find out what or what not may work properly. Gear is now quite reasonable from stores like Hobby City, why play with junk. Even in a buggy, you risk your controller, battery and related electronics, just not worth it unless you are familiar, and you are not. ENJOY
Old 06-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Dr Kiwi

Default RE: Mystery motor

If you have, or can borrow, a Wattmeter, then you can begin to determine the necessary parameters.