Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Special ESC

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 06:19 PM
Kladal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Special ESC

Hello All,

Iam building a custom 1/5 scale aluminum truggy that will be using a Neu 2217/2215 low-kv motor on a 10s LiPo system.

The nature of these motors necessitates an ESC to be able to handle 150-200 AMPS.

Does anyone know of such an ESC that has REVERSIBLE control? Idon't want to have such a powerful truggy with only forward motion.

My research indicates thus far that Jive, CC, MGM, and Schulze can't handle that many amps while having a reversible option.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!
Old 06-22-2010, 02:06 PM
plane-addict

Default RE: Special ESC

This is a link to a Marine brushless motor, 180A and it has reverse: http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=8937

Is that something you can use?
Old 06-23-2010, 08:08 AM
Kladal

Hi, plane-addict, and thanks for your input.

While the ESC you mentioned can certainly handle the high amperage, it will not handle the overall voltage as I'm using a 10s system.

Did you have any other ideas?
Old 06-23-2010, 01:30 PM
plane-addict

Sorry, I don't know of any other esc's that can handle 10S packs....

You could try Hobbyking customer support and ask if they know about something: http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s..._contactUs.asp

When they are open, there will be a button available to contact them. Are you US based? If so, then you have to try sometime later afternoon or evening maybe.

Good luck and keep us updated, we can learn from this...