Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Electric Rotowing

Old 09-12-2010, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Rotowing

I am looking for the best lightweight motors I can find.Equal to an 0.20-0.49 to use with 1 e.s.c. I've been told it can be done by rewiring some and adding a splitter.The wingspan of the lifting wing is 6 ft. 6 inches front edge to rear.Re-inforced foam construction.Any Help would be appreciated in locating these parts.I am new at the computer and have posted things twice by accident.It's not your average roterywing.Take a look.I think this is the cleanest way to Fly if I ever get the full sized version done.That has an optional 5 h,p, 4 stroke onboard generator for longer flights. Thanks Charlie
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15245.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	1499181   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98493.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	1499182  
Old 09-12-2010, 04:49 PM

Default RE: Electric Rotowing

You can use a Blue Wonder motor, that is about the right size. They weigh only about one ounce, 1250kV and will swing lots of different size props, such as 8x6, 9x5, 10x4, and even a three-bladed 9x7
Trying to use one ESC is muchmore trouble than it's worth (it will NOT work 99.9% of the time). The second ESC will only add another 1/2 ounce so the extra weight of a second ESC shouldn't be a big deal. Why not use 2 ESCs?
Old 09-12-2010, 07:02 PM

Default RE: Electric Rotowing

But,how do I do it with 1 channel Run a splitter of some kind to each esc?