Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Problem with ESC ????

Old 09-13-2010, 11:21 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with ESC ????

Working on this plane... http://www.parkflyers.com/Cessna_Lar...ne_p/4303l.htm

I purchased this plane and the motor never ran right. It would sputter and jerk until it slowly reached max rpm.
The place above sent me a new ESC and I just installed it but I get nothing with it installed???
The motor doesn't rotate and I don't get the beeps like normal when it all goes through its initial checks...like it's not recieving power at all.
When I put the old ESC back in, the motor works?

The oldESC that "works" has a 50a sticker on it And a BEC connected. The new one really doesn't say what it is and it doesn't have a BEC on it.
The battery is a Lipo 14.8v 2200mha 20c.

What's wrong?
Old 09-13-2010, 02:27 PM

Default RE: Problem with ESC ????

If your new ESC has no BEC built-in you either need a separate Rx battery to run the Rx and servos.... or you need a stand-alone UBEC to supply power from your flight pack to your Rx and servos.

There are relatively few ESCs which have built-in BECs capable of coping with 4s... hence the need for a UBEC or an RX pack.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63360.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	337.1 KB
ID:	1500264  
Old 09-13-2010, 03:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Dr Kiwi

If your new ESC has no BEC built-in you either need a separate Rx battery to run the Rx and servos.... or you need a stand-alone UBEC to supply power from your flight pack to your Rx and servos.

There are relatively few ESCs which have built-in BECs capable of coping with 4s... hence the need for a UBEC or an RX pack.
That's what I thought.... Now to deal with the company Again and find out why they sent the wrong one!?!? UUuughhh
Old 10-24-2010, 09:40 PM

Hi everyone      
                             I just bought a Exceed RC proton 60A  ESC BEC opto. It programmable I know but the problem is when I hook up the esc to the

motor and setup the futaba transmitter I get no response from the motor just a statrup sequence followed by a beep every second. the throttle is non responsive even when I reverse it in the radio Tx. I tested the receiver it works with my other ESC. any help with this problem would be appreciated.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Funflyer35

Hi everyone
I just bought a Exceed RC proton 60A ESC BEC opto. It programmable I know but the problem is when I hook up the esc to the

motor and setup the futaba transmitter I get no response from the motor just a statrup sequence followed by a beep every second. the throttle is non responsive even when I reverse it in the radio Tx.I tested the receiver it works with my other ESC. any help with this problem would be appreciated.
You should start your own thread so a lot more people can see it....