RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/brushed-brushless-motors-speed-controls-gear-drives-123/)
-   -   fms sinulator (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/brushed-brushless-motors-speed-controls-gear-drives-123/9101659-fms-sinulator.html)

icuviper 09-16-2009 07:30 PM

fms sinulator

unable to download to vista, REGISTRY ERROR keeps popping up can anyone help me out.

richg99 09-16-2009 09:12 PM

RE: fms sinulator

I haven't been able to get it to work with my Vista...it was built long before Vista. However, I had NO problem downloading it. I wish I could get it to work with my TX. It WILL work with my keyboard, and one time I got it to work with a joystick. Rich

soarhead-RCU 09-17-2009 10:25 AM

I have heard their is a "FIX" for FMS to Vista. It is some .dll file that you download and insert. I'm not computer literate but have seen a post over on RCGroups about the fix. As far as Vista is concerned I have nothing good to say about it and really dislike it as it is incompatable with so many of my older softwares. Going to remove it someday from this laptop when my daughter stops by and does it for me. I dont need the latest and greatest it seams........

Good Luck
Bob

whitecrest 09-17-2009 12:56 PM

Go [link=http://www.rctoys.com/pr/2008/03/06/fms-sim-windows-vista-howto-fix-d3drm/]here[/link] to get the Vista DLL fix for FMS and installation instructions.

richg99 09-18-2009 07:06 PM

Thanks, I did as the site suggested.. Deleted my old copy of FMS; Downloaded the new FMS 7.0 program; downloaded and extracted the .dll file and put it into the windows system32 folder as instructed. I verified that it was, in fact, now in that folder. The FMS program was automatically placed in the windows program folders.

Unfortunately, I seem to be no further along now than I was before.The program works just fine with keyboard input only. It just doesn't recognize my Spektrum TX (DX5e) at all. I am using the recommended stereo cord, plugged into the microphone jack of my computer ( which recognizes it as a microphone). Previously, the prior FMS program did recognize a joystick, but I don't have that joystick available for another week. It is 120 miles away.

Some where I read that I might be having "com port" problems. I tried all the 4 available com ports shown on the FMS screen. No change. I downloaded a "virtual port maker program "(HW Virtual serial port) but it only produces an error message of "class not recognized" when I attempt to run it.

Candidly, I don't seem to get this thing to work. Recognize that I am not a complete computer newbie. I've created a web site for my village; I ran a member's group for a class of boats..... but ... I cannot get FMS to run on my VISTA computer.

I did read that some video cards can't run it..but that doesn't make any sense as a problem, since the program does run...with keyboard control....only.

Any other ideas, thoughts or suggestions appreciated. thanks, Rich

whitecrest 09-18-2009 07:55 PM

I seem to recall that if you are using the audio port on the transmitter, you must use a mono plug to make the connection to FMS for it to work correctly. Could that be the problem?

I have had good luck using FMS with a Futaba FM transmitter using the trainer port to a com port on Windows 98.

Good luck with the trouble-shooting.

richg99 09-19-2009 06:23 AM

Soon as I can, I'll make up ( or buy ) a mono plug cord and try that. Nothing would make me happier! Thanks for the suggestion. Any more...keep'em coming. Rich

richg99 09-19-2009 12:10 PM

I bought and tried the mono cable. No luck. Has ANYONE on this board actually made FMS work, with a TX, with VISTA 32 bit on their computer? thanks Rich

con244 09-20-2009 12:44 AM

Does your version of FMS have SmartPropoPlus? You need this to make the audio socket work. I am using FMS Version2 Beta 7 on Vista Home edition. everything works OK.
Con

richg99 09-20-2009 06:25 AM

This posting can be deleted. All issues solved per the next posting. thanks Rich

richg99 09-20-2009 07:13 AM

WOW...You've done it! I now have full TX control and FMS runs fine.

I purchased the mono cable. and that obviously was a big step forward. I don't know where I got the idea that a stereo cable was the right one???

I then did a complete re-install of SmartProPoPlus. However, it seems that when SmartProPoPlus installs itself..it creates its own folder. I never saw a screen that gave me an opportunity to tell SmartProPoPlus to be saved to the FMS folder...

Once I realized that....I deleted my FMS folder...renamed the SmartProPoPlus folder to FMS..reinstalled FMS to that newly renamed folder....re-calibrated everything and suddenly I am flying.

I cannot tell you ALL how pleased I am that this now finally works. I have not been using a simulator and I know this will help me immensely. Thanks again.... regards, Rich