Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Traxxas 3.3

Old 10-09-2010, 08:59 PM
Tothemawfomprint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas 3.3

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

I recently won this engine off ebay. Did I get a good a deal? Also, how does this engine match up to a Nitro K4.6 or K5.9 in terms of top end and Ichose the 3.3 because I didn't want to spend $150 bucks. Asking this because Iam planning to put this in a 1/10 scale On-Road nitro touring car.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:13 PM
bigdogkanicsar

Default RE: Traxxas 3.3

if it's going in a street 1/10th scale it'll rip.
i'm not a traxxas fan but the 3.3 has got some decent top end
Old 10-09-2010, 10:05 PM
kyntar

I think you got a good deal
Old 10-09-2010, 11:27 PM
Tothemawfomprint

Also, could anyone tell whether the crankshaft on this engine is a Pilot shaft or Multi shaft version? It might be hard to tell with the low res pic.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:55 AM
Snook Man

It looks like the IPS shaft. Also, it appears to be the non starter crankshaft version.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:35 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: Snook Man

It looks like the IPS shaft. Also, it appears to be the non starter crankshaft version.
You are correct. If one would want to put a pullstart or electric start on it, it could be done by swapping out the backplates for a pullstart backplate and the starter shaft. I am not sure if the crankshaft in a bumpstart engine has the pin for the pullstart shaft... Either way, $61 for a New 3.3 aint bad at all even if you have to buy the backplate and pullstarter or whatever. I have backplates, and pullstarts for the 2.5/3.3 engines. They're used but look to be in very good shape and shaft fit is pretty tight still in the bushing.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Tothemawfomprint

Right, because Iwas thinking it needed other things besides an air filter, manifold, etc. I asked the seller if it came with a backplate, he said it does, however it doesn't look like it from the picture. I'll just have to wait and see when it ships in. I will update with pics within the coming week. Also, do i need a backplate if I am going to use a starter box to run this engine?
Old 10-10-2010, 06:40 PM
D.DJ

You can definitely fit the 2-speed clutchbell onto it, it has the correct shaft for that. Its easy to convert it to electric or pull start - just swap out the crank for the pullstart version, get the pullstart backplate and thats it!

These engine have very decent power, and they dont quit easily either. I still have mine from 2-3 years ago still running strong, even from all the abuse and tuning learning! It definitely has heaps of potential, just doing some flow mods made it feel much better and improved it's fuel efficiency. Since then Ive changed the exhaust timing a little bit but I still haven't been bothered to fix up the car and take it for a drive. It has lots and lots of potential.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:54 PM
moe7404

my experience with 3.3 is. dont run at top rpm for more than 4-5 sec the con rod will go through the piston. use a traxxas 3232x glow plug
Old 10-11-2010, 07:32 PM
D.DJ

ORIGINAL: moe7404

my experience with 3.3 is. dont run at top rpm for more than 4-5 sec the con rod will go through the piston. use a traxxas 3232x glow plug
You serious? Ive been running mine at full throttle (i think) up and down the street and everything is still perfect! Still havent even changed the rod after break in and that was more than 2 years ago. It depends on a few factors as well.

Old 10-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Tothemawfomprint

Hey guys the engine just came in about an hour ago and here are some pics. I fitted the engine on some custom GPM Racing big block mounts I have some questions though. How can I make the slide carb throttle point upwards? and how can I remove that clutch nut on the crankshaft to make room for a flywheel and clutchset?

Old 10-16-2010, 05:16 PM
D.DJ

ok, you see where the throttle ball link is? Right on the top there you will see a little grub screw - use a 1.5mm hex wrench to undo it and you can rotate it to make it point upwards. As easy as that.
With the clutch nut, can't you just undo it?? It should be able to completely come off. Unless its been tightened all the way on the shaft or there is threadlock there. Should be easy to take off.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:31 PM
Tothemawfomprint

The clutch nut took a lot of finesse because i didnt want to scratch the crankshaft but I was able to remove the clutch nut. Its difficult because the clutch nut spins with the shaft making it almost impossible to unscrew with a flywheel being their first.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:37 PM
RCtoughGuy

sorry, the link doesn't work

ORIGINAL: Tothemawfomprint

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

I recently won this engine off ebay. Did I get a good a deal? Also, how does this engine match up to a Nitro K4.6 or K5.9 in terms of top end and Ichose the 3.3 because I didn't want to spend $150 bucks. Asking this because Iam planning to put this in a 1/10 scale On-Road nitro touring car.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:53 PM
alvinl

Link worked just fine for me. The auction is closed, so you have to scroll down a bit.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:11 PM
RCtoughGuy

Watch your tone. I dont want to have to slap you in front of your mommy.
ORIGINAL: alvinl

Link worked just fine for me. The auction is closed, so you have to scroll down a bit.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:55 PM
bigdogkanicsar

ORIGINAL: RCtoughGuy

every one should know this dude is just tryin to get a rise from people.
he obviously has no real life other than to run his much like he did in PM to me and i don't even know who he is and have never heard of him.

trollin trollin trollin to get the anger rollin'.
hi ,my name is RCtoughguy and i like dudes
Old 10-16-2010, 11:59 PM
RCtoughGuy

ORIGINAL: bigdogkanicsar

he obviously has no real life other than to run his much like he did in PM to me and i don't even know who he is and have never heard of him.

interesting....here I am on a Saturday night, clearly I have no life as I am posting on an internet forum for toys, and there you are, posting right back, must be just as pathetic......but at least I don't post a picture of my ***** ass on my avatar and call myself bigdog....what a tool

I can tell you're one of those people who says what's on their mind, I am so impressed, I need a stand up kind of guy like that for a friend, will you be mine??
Old 10-17-2010, 12:01 AM
RCtoughGuy

wow, did you actually figure that out all by yourself???? very impressive for someone who compares themself to a doggie

give yourself a bone, *****
Old 10-17-2010, 12:07 AM
RCtoughGuy

by the way, what kind of person posts a picture of themselves giving the tough guy look, and on a toy forum of all places, what a tool.....how about posting the rest of your sexy ass....all 300 pounds of chewed bubblgum
Old 10-17-2010, 12:12 AM
bigdogkanicsar

interesting....here I am on a Saturday night, clearly I have no life as I am posting on an internet forum for toys, and there you are, posting right back, must be just as pathetic......but at least I don't post a picture of my ***** ass on my avatar and call myself bigdog....what a tool

I can tell you're one of those people who says what's on their mind, I am so impressed, I need a stand up kind of guy like that for a friend, will you be mine??
not toys!
finely tuned machines that(i'm gonna go out on a limb here)i'm gonna guess you really don't know anything about.
however that is certainly ok as i'm sure you'll go read every thread you can and then copy and paste like so many before you until you are no longer entertained and then you'll go find some other unsuspecting forrum and plague the people there until you get yourself banned and feeling like you have succeeded in something because you failed at life.
it really is a shame and feel for you ,it must have been tough growing up trying so hard to impress your parents and never did.
it's not everyone elses fault that you hate your parents or that they didn't give you enough love.
as i'm sure you are aware.
good night little willy and don't be too hard on yourself, after all you are just a boy with an obvious fetish for seeing what kind of crap you can stir up.

-. - . / . - / .- .- -.-. -.- / - ..-. ..-. / .. -. / - .... . / -.-. - .-. -. . .-. / . .. - .... / -. - ..- .-. / -.- .. -.. -.. -. / .. - .-. -. / .-.. .. -.- . / -. - ..- / . . .-. . / -... . ..-. - .-. . / -. - ..- / .- -.. . / -. - ..- .-. / ..-. . . -... .-.. . / .- - . .. - / .- - / - .-. - .-.. .-.. .. -. . .-.-.-
Old 10-17-2010, 12:20 AM
RCtoughGuy

wow, you are so smart, that is my story to a tee.....tell me more...

just so you know, I am TOPDOGnow!!!!!!! beeach!!!....and i didn't have to post a picture of my fat ass either
Old 10-17-2010, 12:24 AM
bigdogkanicsar

just so you know, I am TOP DOG now!!!!!!! beeach!!!....and i didn't have to post a picture of my fat ass either
how's that for education.LOL
stop dude, my sides are hurtin from laughin so hard! LOL
what are you ...like...10 years old?
do your parents know you're still up?
Old 10-17-2010, 12:27 AM
RCtoughGuy

just so you know, I am TOPDOGnow!!!!!!! beeach!!!....and i didn't have to post a picture of my fat ass either
how's that for education.LOL
stop dude, my sides are hurtin from laughin so hard! LOL
what are you ...like...10 years old?
do your parents know you're still up?
so what are you doing arguing with a loser like me late on a saturday night???

get a life, douchebag......as for education, 1+1=3 isn't it, so try again