Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

What engine is best for me?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 09:14 AM
RcGeEk NeVeR QuItS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What engine is best for me?

Hi, i have been thinking of getting a new engine for my Jammin x1 buggy.
I need engine thats good at low end but also good on the straights when im racing.
I have been researching and i have came up with the Novarossi Plus-4 engine, is this any good for racing?
Any ideas of engines apreciated.
Thanks, RcGeekNeverQuits
Old 03-14-2011, 06:03 PM
nitroexpress

Default RE: What engine is best for me?

It should be good, but I'd go with the WERKS.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...tor-Turbo-Plug

Did you give up on your RB ws7?
Old 03-14-2011, 07:54 PM
PowerHouse RC Performance
My Feedback: (1)

There are a number of engines that will fit the bill and depending on how much you can or are willing to spend will determine what models to look at. You mentioned the Plus 4 and I will have to say that is one of the most popular best overall engine going right now. It has a great powerband, great tunability, great reliability and reasonably priced. If youdon't want to spend the money on the new BTT, don't worry about it as it is the same engine from this past year except with a new head and one version has the ceramic balls up front. You should be able to find a 2010 Plus4C Team for around $300. I haveone in stock for $299 if you want one. Other engines that are good overall performers and would do what you would want them to doare the P5XLT for $240and Toro Nero Team for $350. The P5 is a nice well rounded performer and while not as good as the Plus 4 on all around powerband, it is very close and the 2010 version has the Plus 4 carb on it and it rounded that engine out very nicely. I run a P5XLT in my buggy and have for the last few years and it has been an awesome engine. The Toro Nero Team is a stump puller with the 17.6mm stroke and works very well in either buggy or truggy and depending on your taste in power delivery, it may or may not be to your liking.

If you like the older GRP engines, the new TQ Racing 501T is based off of the GRP .21 Tuned and is a great engine with the new rod and carb design. I also have those in stock if you want one. I have the engine only for $240and the engine/pipe combo for $300.

There are other brands that work well that I don't carry but have worked with and had good results. Some of those are the Werks B5 and B6, OS Speed, XZB and VZB. I have been working with the new Arrow .21 that hit the market a few months ago and is based offof the VZB V-specand time will tell if it is a good engine for the price. From what I am hearing so far is good but it is still early yet. There aresome other good engines not mentioned that would bea good fit for you but the Novarossi series of engines is a great place to start.

I am also going to be carrying the new Fusion X line which has been developed by Jim Hottinger from Fusion Motorsports and made by Novarossi and they will offer a handful of engines which include the X3 for $150 which is based off the N21R Limited, the X7 which will be a single exhaust port 7 intake port .21 that will replace the FMS. There is a X5+2 in the works and the new X28 is based off of the older N528XR which was a monster especially after modifications.

I hope this helped you get a better idea of which direction to head and if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to fire away.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:30 AM
RcGeEk NeVeR QuItS

ORIGINAL: nitroexpress

Did you give up on your RB ws7?
Im still using my ws7 but i want a new engine because it has had over 10 gals through it and has been pinched over 2 times.