Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

LRP z.28R ....I think?

Old 06-25-2011, 11:02 AM
paul_TAB4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LRP z.28R ....I think?

Hello. I have been out of the hobby for some time and decided to get back into it. I got a muggy used off the net. It came with two motors. The one installed is an lrp z.28r. I think. the only makings I can find are the XTEC on the crank case. anyhow the nitro guide at the top of this page helped me a great deal to get it started and running!! But now I am having an isue. I am throwing a lot of fuel from the stinger on the pipe. I tried leaning the HSN and it helped performance wise but I am still losing loads of fuel. Also when I add throtle it doesn't get any faster. And just throws more fuel! The guy I got it from said that the carb needed to be adjusted? I thought this ment it needed to be tuned. Well I have put half a gallon threw it in less than 2 hours and it is now all over my driveway LOL. and after running it, it is only warm to the touch. Any one have any ideas?? I am still messing with it trying to get some nice white smoke and some speed but to no avail. Could the carb just be set to rich? Dunno it has been a while. Lol thanx for any and all advise!
Old 06-25-2011, 12:40 PM
Havoc06
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: LRP z.28R ....I think?

You need to lean the low speed needle
Old 06-25-2011, 03:12 PM
paul_TAB4

Default RE: LRP z.28R ....I think?

Thanx havoc06. That tottally worked untill the bearings in the clutch assembly exploded!! LOL. After removing the motor and taking a good look at it, it turns out it was done for anyhow.gues some of the bushings had started to stretch out or something cause there was an awfull lot of play. There was little to no pop in it either. Oh well bought an axial 28RR-2 to replace it. Lol.