Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

GS11X Kyosho engine, leaking fuel

Old 08-04-2011, 11:32 AM
MrSaizo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS11X Kyosho engine, leaking fuel

Hi, I'm new here & would like someone to "point" me in the right direction..

I'm helping a friend out with his very old car, a Kyosho McLaren F1 GTR. The engine on it is a GS11X (Kyosho), it has a new glowplug, it does start, works until it gets warm..
So, I have not been working on these type of engines for a long long time, had a Nitro car in the -80's, I do however work with motorcycles and such and know what is wrong - the gaskets.
A good thing is that the engine has not been operated much, when I was cleaning it I noticed on the piston, cylinder head & cylinder it was in a rather good condition for being so old (seen worse!).

Problem is (are):
I live in Sweden, some parts are hard to find here, even if it is second hand. I also have to travel a longer distance to get to a store that sells the parts.. It's like going from say Los Angeles to New York. Too far away.
However, I can always find the O-ring gasket elsewhere (size etc.) even have a manufacturer of O-ring that can custom build gaskets (size, diameter etc.). But I just can't find the crankcase gasket.
Can I make such gasket out of some material?If "yes", what material?

I have found a re-seller of the other gaskets and oil seals, for the engine. I was thinking that this might be good to change aswell.

The engine was cleaned (by me) in a ultrasound cleaner that I mainly use for motorcycle carburators. Also the compression feels a little "low", what is the standard compression of an engine this old?

Also, for a replacement engine, what would be a good one?
Old 08-08-2011, 10:31 AM
MrSaizo

Default RE: GS11X Kyosho engine, leaking fuel

Anyone??
Old 08-08-2011, 11:50 AM
sparky 25

I recently restored two sandmaster buggies which both came with gt12 engines,

these engines are no longer available to buy new, same as your gs11,

while rebuilding one of my engines i saw that the chrome lining was almost completly worn off,

this caused the engine to be low on compression and to stall while it warmed up,

i looked up ebay and was able to buy a new piston and liner for £12,

as for the new gasket for the back plate,
i would just do away with the old paper gasket and replace it with some silicone instant gasket,

perhaps you could email this seller about this engine,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rc-Nitro-C...item2a12d52194
if the piston and liner are in good condition they may be of some use to you,
Old 08-22-2011, 02:41 AM
lez1troubles

Sorry for the long waight MrSaizo, yes you can make your own back case gasket using a piece of paper.
You can find most parts for your engine at WWW.INFERNOSONLY.com.
Hope this helps a bit.
Old 09-29-2020, 07:51 AM
Chris1039

Default Gs11x fuel

I am renovating a couple of kyoso cars, bought for my kids some 20 years ago, they have GS11X engines, can anyone tell ne what sort of fuel I need to buy. All I can find is nitro fuel, but its labelled 20%, or 16%, 10% or 5% any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-03-2020, 08:38 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Those percentages are the nitromethane content of the fuel. Most car fuels with 20% nitro will work plenty well for most people.