Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Sirio .23 Replacement for S-Maxx

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 08:08 PM
Thunderbird93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirio .23 Replacement for S-Maxx

I'm looking for a replacement to my tired Sirio .23 that's been in my S-Maxx since about 1999, and has been an excellent engine. I want something that's going to give me really long wheelies and something with high rpms...Im looking for a newer version of the Sirio .23, but not looking to spend what I spent for it back then...
Old 09-29-2012, 12:21 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Default RE: Sirio .23 Replacement for S-Maxx

ORIGINAL: Thunderbird93

I'm looking for a replacement to my tired Sirio .23 that's been in my S-Maxx since about 1999, and has been an excellent engine. I want something that's going to give me really long wheelies and something with high rpms...Im looking for a newer version of the Sirio .23, but not looking to spend what I spent for it back then...
What's your budget?
Old 09-29-2012, 01:56 AM
Thunderbird93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just don't want to spend $300 like.I did for the Sirio...
Old 09-29-2012, 04:13 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

ORIGINAL: Thunderbird93

I just don't want to spend $300 like.I did for the Sirio...
Well, for basic ideas.... You can spend about $120 and get an SH engine, either SH brand, Dynamite, LRP, XTM, etc. The SH brand (the actual company that makes all of those brands) is probably the cheapest. I have an SH .28 and it runs perfectly fine. Your other basic option is Picco. Those run roughly $200 or there abouts. Good strong reliable engines. Above that is stuff like the OS VG engines.. those are about $270.

These are basic ideas, there are numberous other engines out there, but thats the idea on cost. I've never ran a Picco or OS, but other guys on this forum have and I know the Picco's are stout performers.