Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

newb cant tune lol help

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 01:03 PM
jdunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newb cant tune lol help

Im new to all of this.. i recently purchased a traxxas revo 3.3.. read the manuel front to back went through the break in period but on the 5thtankof the break in period ..all went wrong.. i had not changed any settings between tanks... but all a sudden high idle, wants to roll away at idle, hard to start, and running hot... lsn is adjusted so that when the fuel clamp is applied to shut the motor off in 3 seconds.. steady blue smoke trail under full throttle... un burned fuel is coming through the exhaust.. to rich i know.. so i turn the hsn 1/8 turn clockwise then it will not idle just shuts off.. also adjusted the idle down to a reasonable idle.. run it and when it comes to a stop after running it high again.. if i turn it down more wont run... so lost..plz help
Old 07-21-2013, 01:09 AM
Anthoop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: newb cant tune lol help

Sounds too lean on the LSN but also ensure the throttle is returning properly and the idle screw is setting the minimum gap..
There are many tuning guides on the internet...there is a little piece at the top of this forum section- http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5517128/tm.htm
Get the engine running for a few minutes to warm it, then tune the HSN with wide open throttle runs...then the LSN with acceleration tests...as you adjust the LSN the idle speed will change so adjust that as you go. Always run it a little richer than optimum and it will probably be easier if you reset the needles back to factory settings before trying to tune it.