Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Engines > Car Nitro & Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

25,4 cc gas engine carb does not keep settings

Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

25,4 cc gas engine carb does not keep settings

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 12:47 PM
acrobat77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 25,4 cc gas engine carb does not keep settings

hello from germany ! i have a reely carbon fighter3 buggy 4wd 1:6 . it has a 4 bolt 26cc engine which appears to be very similar to the 26cc fuelie engine . .
after setting the carb for good performance and a trouble free run the car seems to be way to rich next day with the same fuel and carb settings . screwing the needles in it jumps very quickly into the lesn side with only a very slim adjustment range . the carb appears to be a chinese copy of a walbro 668 .

with a tachmeter i get 12300 rpm with wheels in air .

any idea where to look ?

best regards
Old 04-01-2019, 03:23 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Clean the carburetor out thoroughly. Make sure the screen is clean inside.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:33 PM
acrobat77

i have put apart the carb and will give it a bath in ultrasonic as well a blow out with compressed air . the diaphgram is nice but the gasket junk . can the diaohgram be insralled between the primer bulb and carb without the gasket to serve by itself as a gasket ?

parts are only cents but hard to get
Old 04-03-2019, 07:57 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

You need the gasket because that gives the clearance needed for the pump diaphragm to move.

Mothers is a screen on the regulator side that needs to be squeaky clean. If you can carefully remove it, clean it, and reinstall it, you’re okay. 90% of the time that screen is the problem with a walbro type carburetors. Otherwise the carb is just dirty or the diaphragm isn’t good anymore.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:48 AM
acrobat77

thanks for clarification !

i now bought an original walbro gasket kit for a leaf blower at my local garden equipment store and will reinstall it tomorrow ! i will report and check the screen.

funny to say any gasket part for a 25.4 cc zenoah / walbro in a leaf blower fits perfectly in this 25,4 cc chinese rc car engine and chinese carb . its a 1:1 copy , but hard to say if the entire engine is a copy of a zenoah or chung yang .
Old 04-13-2019, 04:44 AM
acrobat77

ok i still have issues ... the carb ia fully rebuild with original walbro gaskets and i put a new ngk plug in to exclude the chinese torch plug .

the car starts good cold but when tuned for decent performance ( i have installed a tachmeter which measures actual rpm and records peak rpm , i reach 12300-12500 with wheels in air and 9500 with car running ) the engine tends to stall after few laps , especially when you return from WOT to idle and is very hard to restart . often only posdible when you let it cool down a bit.

by 'feel' the compression had not worsen since new and looks good , no scoring in the piston.

any ideas ?