Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Engines > Car Nitro & Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Will not start. Is it flooded or starved?

Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Will not start. Is it flooded or starved?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 02:57 PM
gonorman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will not start. Is it flooded or starved?

SH18 with about 3 tanks of fuel idled through it. HS and LS needles are both set flush. If motor is primed with finger over exhaust until fuel reaches carb then turned over it just turns wothout firing. If fuel is put in carb or line grom exhaust is blown into motor will fire and sputter but not start. Has lots of unused traxxas 30% fuel coming from muffler. Glo plug glows brightly and fuel lines have been checked for cracks. The sputtering when fuel is put in carb makes me think it is starved when primed normally but the excess fuel in muffler makes me think it is being flooded. Any help is appreciated.
Old 05-13-2021, 05:40 PM
Big Alice

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Pull the glow plug out and turn the model up side down and spin the motor over so all the fuel in the cylinder comes out. that'll unflood it. I tried to find a manual to get the carb settings but I couldn't find a manual. I did find this in the faq about a sh18 on amazon. I can't say this is correct but this is the response to the factory settings about a sh18. good luck...

Can anyone provide me the Low speed and high speed needle factory settings? Can anyone provide me the Low speed and high speed needle factory settings?
Answer:
Hello, thank you for your attention of our item. After the main oil needle is turned clockwise to the end, open 3.5 to 4 circles counterclockwise; after the secondary oil needle is turned clockwise to the end, open 2.5 to 3 circles counterclockwise, than the needle is back to factory settings.
And the low-speed oil needle (secondary oil needle) is responsible for the vehicle’s response from standstill to acceleration. The more it is screwed in, the faster the speed will increase.
The high-speed oil needle (main oil needle) is responsible for the maximum speed of the car, and the more it is screwed in, the faster the speed will be.
The idle screw is responsible for the car’s speed Idle speed, the more you screw it in, the higher the idle speed will be.
Any issue, please feel free to contact us and we are here for you.
see less see less
By Innovateking
SELLER SELLER
on August 27, 2020

The following users liked this post:
gonorman (05-13-2021)