Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

OPS 3.5 Pro Carb

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 05:20 AM
jetpack
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OPS 3.5 Pro Carb

I am hoping someone will take time and educate me on this carburetor. I got it used and cleaned it up, and its working smooth and would like to try it out on my OPS 21 Marine engine - so far its all I've been around. I haven't a clue how to hook up the linkage or even tune it. I've never been around a slide carb before, and never really looked at rc nitro cars before as far as to what linkage is needed. Am I missing a part to it? Does anyone have a parts diagram or parts list they can post? I am starting out totally lost on this one.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34159.jpg
Views:	581
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	531171   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qm35988.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	531172   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lr39541.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	531173   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rk23203.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	531174  
Old 02-24-2010, 01:02 PM
nassosxlvbros

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OPS 3.5 Pro Carb

Well,If you are familiar with the dificult part (carb settings) I got some good news,'cause I got the OPS 3.5 Pro with the same carb!!!...first you need a piano wire rod with a 3mm (if I remember correctly) ball at the end...second unscrew the hex nut (pic no.4) and pass the ball end from inside...then tight again the hex nut and you're ready...
Old 02-24-2010, 08:14 PM
jetpack
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For a four year old post, and a new member helping me on this...it is great.

Would you believe in that time I actually came across a factory ball and rod link as you described, Nassos?

About the tuning, I've been around glow motors before and know how to adjust the fuel so thats not a problem.

I still haven't used the carb yet but I still wonder how it performs.

Thank you for the response and welcome to RCU I love it here!
Old 02-24-2010, 11:36 PM
SManMTB

Old 02-25-2010, 04:53 AM
nassosxlvbros

Sorry for the delay......But been away from pc's for a while I've miss some years...the OPS are great performers but the old ones are kinda tricky in carb settings...they're very sensitive in weather change (humidity-rain-heat) but when you're familiarised with this then you have a very special motor with almost endless top power! when all the other competition motors are reach their limits OPS has more...THIS is the secret on OPS motor and carb settings! a real Italian performer...makes you search,learn get tired,angry but at the end of a race or play,you have a big smile....Enjoy!