Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Axial 28RR

Old 05-07-2007, 11:01 PM
mentorman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axial 28RR

Does anyone have one of these yet, looks promising... http://www.axialracing.com/details.php?Id=3531
Old 05-27-2007, 06:39 AM
hayabusagreg

Default RE: Axial 28RR

Just got mine yesterday..!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76561.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	692091  
Old 05-27-2007, 09:36 AM
CrT-RaCeR

I wouldnt think there all that great just by looking at the crank and p/s on that site. I wouldnt expect a major diffrence between the other axial .28
Old 05-27-2007, 11:27 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: CrT-RaCeR

I wouldnt think there all that great just by looking at the crank and p/s on that site. I wouldnt expect a major diffrence between the other axial .28
actualy this new Axial will be a huge step up over the last Axial... this new motor is actualy a true race motor, the last Axial was just a rebadged K4.6............ You cant judge a motor by pics, the port timing is where all the power will come from...
Old 05-27-2007, 04:25 PM
CrT-RaCeR

ORIGINAL: supertib

actualy this new Axial will be a huge step up over the last Axial... this new motor is actualy a true race motor, the last Axial was just a rebadged K4.6............ You cant judge a motor by pics, the port timing is where all the power will come from...
every company says that every motor they make is a racing motor....you cant judge a moto b pix? alright...if it is a 3 port in the pix then what isit in real life? a 3 port right?!?!?
Old 05-27-2007, 05:59 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well I just ordered one from Tower... I'm hoping it'll be comparable power-wise to an LRP .28 Spec 3.. If not it's not that big a deal - for the price I got it for including Tower's rebate deal, not to mention the current exchange rate, I could almost definitely resell it, even for a small profit...

Anyway, I'm very interested to hear more about it.. Gonna take at least three weeks to get here....
Old 05-27-2007, 07:06 PM
DaaQ

ORIGINAL: supertib

every company says that every motor they make is a racing motor....you cant judge a moto b pix? alright...if it is a 3 port in the pix then what isit in real life? a 3 port right?!?!?

Look at the right specs, if you look up the .28RR you will see it is a 7 port sleeve, dunno where you get 3 from, the spec 1 .28 is an 8 port.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:08 PM
hayabusagreg

Have`nt fired mine yet but compared to the last spec 1 this thing`s not even close..!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87537.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	692387  
Old 05-27-2007, 08:13 PM
CrT-RaCeR

it was a figure...
Old 05-27-2007, 11:59 PM
iexion

what about a .28 spec 1s? im looking for another engine for my aftershock and i came across this one

http://www.killerhobbies.com/items/c...001-detail.htm
Old 05-28-2007, 12:22 AM
HerrSavage

ORIGINAL: hayabusagreg

Have`nt fired mine yet but compared to the last spec 1 this thing`s not even close..!
What do you mean? I LOVE my Spec 1S .28 BTW....
Old 05-28-2007, 07:03 AM
hayabusagreg

I think the .28RR has a little more RPM then the LRP..! Both are good mill`s.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:06 AM
hayabusagreg

That spec 1 your looking at SCREAM`S...my friend has it in his LX Comp with a 2spd and it`s very fast..and for the $$$ it`s a great deal..!
Old 05-28-2007, 01:17 PM
iexion

Aside from being a .28 over my stock .26ss. will this be a good upgrade? otherwise its a K4.6 and ive found those for under $130(new) on ebay
Old 05-28-2007, 06:04 PM
IOWAREVO

Hey,

Is the carb the same as on the spec 1? I'm think of putting one in my revo and the spec 1 (other axial .28) carb (HSN) would bang into the spur gear with a qoncepts motor mount.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:42 AM
black mamba

ORIGINAL: iexion

Aside from being a .28 over my stock .26ss. will this be a good upgrade? otherwise its a K4.6 and ive found those for under $130(new) on ebay
The Axial .28 is a improvement over the K4.6 because it puts out more power and torque. Drive one of each and you'll understand. And yes, it's a great upgrade for a Savage. [8D]
Old 06-09-2007, 04:27 AM
iexion

I should of said that it wasnt going into a savage. its in my aftshk right now. The carb restricter is at 8.mm and im pulling wheelies(FINNALLY!!!!) BUTTT!!! when i tried to take off the head, most of the screws started to strip so im goingg to need to find a good tool that can take em out without stripping them so i can put stronger screws in. Also it still having a bit of a problem trying to tune it correctly. when i let my gf start to drive it she kept feeling that the truck(engine) was moving without her tuching the throttle ( ideling to high) so when i adjusted the ilde set screw, it just kept doing it.

After the next day i fired it up and ran it around for a bit (pulling more wheelies) and it started to idle to high again. im not sure what screw i added more fuel to but it was back to norm.

so the point im making is, the engine runs good but im having to adjust the engine a little bit. almost seems like after each tank. I wouldnt say this engine has INSANE power but it does have a good power output. plus i need to toss out the stock pipe, put the LST2's "HT" pipe on it and switch to the bigger restricter or just take it out all together to see what the engine really can do.
But for the price it IS a great engine. (besides the fact i got mine for $112 and no shipping cost) but if you can get this engine for $150 or less then do it. like i said, once i toss out that stock pipe and put the LST 2's pipe on..... im gonna tare some sh*t up[sm=devious.gif]
Old 06-09-2007, 08:03 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Based on the pics ofthe crank and the sleeve port configuration, (see this link http://www.axialracing.com/details.p...imgID=1&type=2), the RR looks like it has incorporated alot of nice race design cues that are employed in high dollar race engines.

If the timing profile is also a race designed profile, I can see this engine giving a tough competition to other cheap .28ci engines out there (SH, LRP, STS, etc.). As supertib already said, it is mostly in the timing profiles that determines if this engine will be a serious powerhouse.

Seeing that the advertised maximum RPM is 38500, (if indeed this engine can reach 38500 RPM under the load of real world applications), I get the impression that a pipe designed for high RPM applications would be needed to get this engine to run at its maximum potential. To me, that is indicative of agressive port timing profiles; otherwise, this engine would have a max RPM closer to somewhere between 32000 & 35000.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:42 PM
black mamba

ORIGINAL: iexion

I should of said that it wasnt going into a savage. its in my aftshk right now. The carb restricter is at 8.mm and im pulling wheelies(FINNALLY!!!!) BUTTT!!! when i tried to take off the head, most of the screws started to strip so im goingg to need to find a good tool that can take em out without stripping them so i can put stronger screws in. Also it still having a bit of a problem trying to tune it correctly. when i let my gf start to drive it she kept feeling that the truck(engine) was moving without her tuching the throttle ( ideling to high) so when i adjusted the ilde set screw, it just kept doing it.

After the next day i fired it up and ran it around for a bit (pulling more wheelies) and it started to idle to high again. im not sure what screw i added more fuel to but it was back to norm.

so the point im making is, the engine runs good but im having to adjust the engine a little bit. almost seems like after each tank. I wouldnt say this engine has INSANE power but it does have a good power output. plus i need to toss out the stock pipe, put the LST2's "HT" pipe on it and switch to the bigger restricter or just take it out all together to see what the engine really can do.
But for the price it IS a great engine. (besides the fact i got mine for $112 and no shipping cost) but if you can get this engine for $150 or less then do it. like i said, once i toss out that stock pipe and put the LST 2's pipe on..... im gonna tare some sh*t up[sm=devious.gif]
If it's idling high and your idle air gap adjustment is the width of a credit card and your engine doesn't have a air leak, then you LSN is too lean. Richen it up a tiny bit. That will bring the idle down-as you have found out. As for what pipe to run with it, that depends on what kind of driving you will be doing.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:37 PM
iexion

Yeah on the subject of idle. for somereason, once i drive around some more with the idle still to high.. it will come back down for a bit.
I know its too rich at idle because if i let the truck set for a second, i can see a slight "mist" of oil on the ground.

I guess my main problem would be knowing what needs to be tuned and when. Ive never had a engine with a 3rd set screw aka mid speed needle. So trying to figure out just what that does between idle/low speed and highspeed is my question. im guessing when the truck boggs before if shifts is into 2nd is what that screw is for...

But aside from that. i just went ahead and got a lst 2 ht pipe off ebay so ill let everyone know how this pipe and the .28 work in combo
Old 06-21-2007, 02:52 PM
iexion

Well i just got back from doing a bit of bashing. And to simply put it. THOSE TWO WORK GREAT IN COMBO!!!
Im sure there MIGHT/COULD be a better pipe but really for the price of $30(another rc chop shop on ebay) you cant really beat it.
Now my only issue is i keep breaking my thrust bearing on my aftershock. I have no idea why either. The slipper is set a hair over 1 FULL TURN OUT and when i take the slipper apart, all the balls in the bearing fall out.

http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/Thrust/kit1027

Im going to get this is soon as a have a bit more cash on hand
Old 06-22-2007, 12:11 AM
[email protected]

you could get something like this for the same money. I have seen them cheaper http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/D...rodID=DYNP5232
Old 06-22-2007, 03:59 AM
iexion

You cant beat getting a .28 engine for $112 and the thing runs great to. Im really happy with it
Old 06-22-2007, 08:11 AM
SAVAGEJIM

According to that website link, that engine is $300! When you say $112, do you mean with a discount? If so, how do you get it?
Old 06-23-2007, 09:35 AM
HerrSavage

What would be an ideal pipe for this engine?

I'm running the HPI polished from a Savage kit. Bad?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.