Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

"Go" Engines??

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 11:31 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default "Go" Engines??

These engines are being sold here now in Germany, and I'm curious to know if they are just rebadged SH engines. They all sure look like it..

Take a look at www.rc-autoparts.com under the engines.. This shop used to sell a variety of different engine types - but only sells the Go brand apparenently.. The last engine on the list is a blue headed, 8-port 28, which looks like the new SH 28 LRP Spec 3 equivalent.. - which I didn't know was out yet.. Could somebody take a look and confirm??..

And if they're not SH, what are they and are they any good? Thanks...

Go to:

www.rc-autoparts.com

Click on "nitro motoren, zubehör".

Click on 2nd link "Big Block....."

Old 05-24-2007, 12:28 PM
JeffyB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "Go" Engines??

As far as i am aware "Go" engines are made by Himoto and can be seen [link=http://www.himotoracing.com/index.php?main=catalogue&product=engine&type=taiwan&scale=1&pg=1]here[/link]. The Go 28 used to be used in the cen matrix tr arena rtr but has recently been replaced by the sh 28. I havn't seen an 8 port version of this engine just the 3 port. The go is a good engine for the price but a good clean before break in is advised as i have read that some people have had engineering shards left in them. I have the go 28 in my cen matrix tr rtr arena and its very quick, i'm still breaking it in but even on 25-50% throttle the truggy really shifts.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:28 AM
zeo 1

Default RE:

go are great engines even there lowest end modal has some nice mods , polished sleeve rear boost swil on crankshaft im ver impressed by there designs and they got great pinch
Old 10-01-2009, 04:19 PM
dakamat

Default RE: RE:

I run the new GO Xtreme serie, the GX-5R, .21 in my MBX6 buggy, and this engine is simply awsome
The only thing to wath is that this GO engine use a long LSN, and the tuning method is realy not like normal carburator eith a short LSN.

But as soon that you know how to tune it, this little mills keep up with high-end $500.00 + engine
Old 10-03-2009, 09:32 AM
SplitSecound

I agreed: I have a couple of friends of mine that race go-engines and let me tell you they do run like hell. [>:] I am going to buy one my self when I get the chance. I have even seeing these engines win some championships under their belt!!!!!!!!!! They also have a new line of racing engines.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:45 AM
automan_1954

Default RE:

Go engines are made in taiwan, not sure about the SH, but I do know SH is made by Golden Lion
Old 10-04-2009, 08:40 PM
j_blaze

doesn't matter who makes them, performance wise they are at the top. i love the performance. price wise they are in the middle and durability wise, for me, they are at the bottom. i've had 3 and cracked 3 cases in under 3 gallons. my 2 sts's went 5 gallons at least before they had a problem. i have since rebuilt 2 with nova cases and so far so good.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:42 PM
hrdcoreglf

Which Go did you blow, and which Nova for rebuild.