Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Need help with break in and tuning

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 02:30 PM
ultraLX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with break in and tuning

Whats up everybody I'm pretty new to nitro rc cars and I just bought an Ultra LX Comp. it looks pretty sweet but I want to get a different shell for it, because the stock one is to cheesy, anyways A couple years ago I was really into electric rc cars but not the really high powered ones. I went through probably about 3 or 4 of them to the point that they broke, it was alot of fun. I had a mini track set up in my back yard. But I really wanted to get a more expensive one but didnt have the coin until now.
Now that I have one I want to take real good care of it, so I have some questions,
I am at the point where im breaking the engine in, during this time am I able to drive it, how fast or slow, should I drive it, and when I start it, it sounds like It idles well and when I give it gas it goes forward no problem but when I hit the brake the engine turns off.
I have tried adjusting the throttle knob on the radio, and I can get it to brake without the engine turning off but then the Idle rpm is way to high and the car wants to move forward to fast. What should I adjust so the car will Idle normally and brake without turning off?
any help is appreciated thanks!
Old 06-25-2007, 05:44 PM
ultraLX

Default RE: Need help with break in and tuning

WELL DOES ANYBODY KNOW
I am a total newbie at this, what could be causing the car to shut off when hit the brake I brake
Old 06-25-2007, 09:06 PM
toughitaliankid

adjusts the little idle screw on the carb. When you hit the brakes, sounds like your carb is closing to far. If you turn the idle screw clockwise (in) , it should prevent the carb from closing to the point where it shuts the motor off.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:52 PM
Exist

Usually you want to leave changing the idle speed until after you've broken it in, and tuned the High Speed, and Low Speed needles. But if its really not worth it having to restart it, then just richen (counter-clockwise) the idle speed screw as said above.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Fuelman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

do this:

[link=http://www.cooperfuels.com/Break-in.htm]break-in[/link]