Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Most powerful .28 engine?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 07:59 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Most powerful .28 engine?

I just scoured the net, but I cannot find any pics of the sleeve port configurations of the Mugen Ninja MR21 and MR28 engines. Anyone who has these engines, can you post up pics of the sleeve ports? I am curious whant makes these engines as good as they are.

More importantly, I am interested in the timing profiles of these engines...of course, that info will not be posted anywhere on the net.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:13 PM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

I just scoured the net, but I cannot find any pics of the sleeve port configurations of the Mugen Ninja MR21 and MR28 engines. Anyone who has these engines, can you post up pics of the sleeve ports? I am curious whant makes these engines as good as they are.

More importantly, I am interested in the timing profiles of these engines...of course, that info will not be posted anywhere on the net.

I posted this link above, there are pics of the .28's internals on page 1.

http://lstforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9201
Old 07-26-2007, 06:44 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: claudacio

I posted this link above, there are pics of the .28's internals on page 1.

http://lstforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9201
Unfortunately, LSTForums wont let me in, I am not a member (I do not won any LST products unfortunately). Can you copy those pics and post them here in RCU directly?
Old 07-27-2007, 01:33 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

beleive it or not the Ninja 28 has a fairly simple looking port configuration... I will take pictures of my 28's internals after the weekend.. I just spent all evening breaking in my buddies Ninja 28.I will break mine in after the weekend....

I will write a reveiw of the Ninja 28 soon.... But i will say a few things that i already know.... The Ninja .28 is not an explosive over the top .28 like a Nova 528, where even 1/4 throttle would result in violent tire spin..where the throtte feels like an on off switch, which makes it very difficult to control... The Ninja .28 is a whole different animal, the carb metering and modulation is phenominal, it gives you extremely accurate control over the engine's output, making driving in low traction circumastances a non issue, as this motor has a very delicate touch for a .28 and does very well on the infeild... But when you get the big Ninja to the back straight and peg the trigger the Ninja 28 flat out screams.. This motor has insane top end run out, and pulls well past whenthe other .28's and most .21's run out of breath.. the top end of this motor is nothing short of scary.... And since the motors power is so tractable it acelerates the tuggy faster then any other motor i have yet run.. Also the Ninja 28 gets goo run time for a 28.... So in short dont expect some big bad monster truck engine as the Ninja 28 is thouroubred race engine designed for track racing purposes... It truly feels like a race .21 with a 40 shot of NOS ..as the powerband perfectly mirrors that of the Ninja .21, just with more power
Old 07-27-2007, 05:49 AM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Ninja .28 sounds like it would be a good choice for my Serpent 950R...

There are a few of us who "race" for braggin' rights, ya know ? (no rules...it's run whatcha brung )

Now if I could only find a '69 Mach I body in 1/8 scale...
Old 07-27-2007, 08:47 AM
nitrohead5300

I purchased a NovaRossi .28 it came with a roto start. I put this motor in my Fusion Outlaw it had the top-end speed clutchbell on it. Most Fusions that are equipped with the stock .21 Thundertiger motor on a short track with the top-end speed gearing never hit 3rd. My Fusion Outlaw does even on this short track. I took the roto-start off and made it a bumpstart .28 and the rate of my acceleration improved . This is a great motor. Custom Wolfpack Radicals Heat Sink head on motor.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:51 AM
nitrohead5300

My Outlaw Fusion also has Pivot Ball Suspension , it has tons of steering chassis has been stretched out to 235mm fast & handles
Old 07-28-2007, 01:23 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Wow, third speed on an on-road car! With a .28 big block, that engine has the torque to force the moment of inertia of the gears and clutch shoes (and the rest of the drive train!) to cause them to open in a lick. No wonder you can hit that third gear easily!
Old 07-28-2007, 08:02 AM
lykkeleif

considering that will the ninja .28 then be a good engine for a mayhem truggi because i´m looking for a lot of acc and a great top speed is the ninja then the right choice?? or is there other engines you guys can say is good??
Old 07-28-2007, 11:47 AM
nitrohead5300

Wow, third speed on an on-road car! With a .28 big block, that engine has the torque to force the moment of inertia of the gears and clutch shoes (and the rest of the drive train!) to cause them to open in a lick. No wonder you can hit that third gear easily!
.......................It has no problem at all hitting 3rd thanks to the HP and torque of the .28 The only bad thing I can say is the NovaRossi .28 is a little thirsty drinks fuel a little bit but for the performance i get ot of it I don't mind.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:00 PM
BadboyHobbies
Banned

I would have to agree on the Novarossi N528XR 8-port.
We have afew with some basic mod work,but even stock,they produce some nasty power.

WWW.BadboyHobbies.com
Old 07-30-2007, 08:20 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: nitrohead5300

.......................It has no problem at all hitting 3rd thanks to the HP and torque of the .28 The only bad thing I can say is the NovaRossi .28 is a little thirsty drinks fuel a little bit but for the performance i get ot of it I don't mind.

this is tru the novarossi 528 sucks fuel like a caddi............im just wondering what the top end speed on that fusion???? with that motor and a reallly tall single speed ratio i bet it could get moveing
Old 07-31-2007, 08:21 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Same here, if you have access to a laser speed trap or you are elctronically savvy enough to make one, run your Fusion at top speed trough it and let us know how fast that puppy goes!
Old 07-31-2007, 10:59 AM
nitrohead5300

It will be awhile before I do ant speed runs I need anew fuel tank and I am going to have to special order it.[:@]
Old 08-08-2007, 11:49 AM
cooptroop123
My Feedback: (2)

there is a replacement for displacement but only when there is a big diference in rpms... a race quality .28 will rev just about as high as a race .21 so assuming that they both have a similar powerband (for speed have the max tourque at higher rpms) then the .28 WILL go faster. and you can gear it lower because of the extra power so thats even more speed. street racer your saying things like a 19,000 rpm engine vs a 8000 rpm one...that is a rediculous difference and its not near like that in rc. so WITH THE SAME ANOUNT OF REFINEMENT as a .21 a .28 WILL go faster
Old 08-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Oliver_Klozov

Ok guys here's where im at i got a new OS .18 cv-r on friday and put on the 17tooth and 64 tooth and i can beat a jato 3.3 all the way up to 47 mph b/c we ran out of room. I think with the 24 tooth and 56 tooth i should hit some very high speeds concidering i did 2 test runs at 54 and 55 mph without tuning the engine and the temp was around 140 - 160. If i get a werks .28 or a something like that would i hit speeds of 80+ mph?
Old 08-09-2007, 02:20 PM
supertib

ORIGINAL: Oliver_Klozov

Ok guys here's where im at i got a new OS .18 cv-r on friday and put on the 17tooth and 64 tooth and i can beat a jato 3.3 all the way up to 47 mph b/c we ran out of room. I think with the 24 tooth and 56 tooth i should hit some very high speeds concidering i did 2 test runs at 54 and 55 mph without tuning the engine and the temp was around 140 - 160. If i get a werks .28 or a something like that would i hit speeds of 80+ mph?
what vehicle is this .18 in ?
Old 08-10-2007, 06:39 AM
VIPER458

RC10GT i think
Old 05-28-2009, 06:41 PM
speed lover

Is this Ninja mr28 the same engine as the Falcon rs .28 I heard from my model shop it is but I am not sure also what pipes are good on these engines the Falcon rs I mean.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:49 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There were three versions of those MR Ninja 28's - the Ninja, the Falcon, and the Boss.  All the same, with different names, colors, etc... for different markets I guess...
Old 05-29-2009, 06:03 AM
bkfamily1
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Oliver_Klozov

A bigger engine will not necessarily get you more top end speed. Top end is limited by the RPM limit of the engine and gear ratio of the vehicle. To get a higher RPM capacity, generally you need an engine with more ports. You may also be able to change sleeves to get more ports in your current engine, but I do not know if that is possible for yours. The only way a bigger engine would be required to get you more top end is if you needed the extra HP to push the car that fast. What a bigger engine may do is get you to your top speed in less time and less distance because it can accelerate faster. This would be particularly true if you change the gear ratio of the vehicle to get more top speed. Then the bigger engine could push the acceleration even at a low gear ratio. Using the gears you mention, changing to the 24 and 56 would decrease your gear ratio enough to get a 2/3 increase in speed. Theoretically, that would take your top speed from mid 50s to the upper 80s. Now all you need is the RPMs and the HP to get you there.