Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

mario rossi tuned ninja 5 port

Old 08-13-2007, 04:12 PM
blowpopracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mario rossi tuned ninja 5 port

I am looking at getting one of these engines and wanted to hear from all those who have ran it or seen one run. Wondering about reliability,tuning,mileage,power etc. I really am interested but I hate buying something until I have had testimony from someone who has one.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:08 PM
gubbs3
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: mario rossi tuned ninja 5 port

A couple issues I have with this post:

A- Why do you think you need such a ridiculously expensive engine?
B- This site is probably not the best place to ask about that engine since the vast majority here are bashers, not racers. No one who is not in the top echelon of racing has any need for a motor like that.
C- If you are a serious racer that may benefit from this totally sick engine, you don't need to ask if is it a rocket.

Don't take this post too personally, it's meant of no offense. But it's just kind of like walking into a used car lot and telling them you're looking at buying a Ferrari, but would like to know if they're fast and reliable.

This brings up a classic quote, "If you have to ask how much it is, you can't afford it."
Old 08-15-2007, 02:07 PM
blowpopracer

My concern is if it is worth it. Does the ease of tune,mileage,power band justify the cost or does it just look pretty. I currently run jp mod motors and am very happy with them but thought of making a change, however after never seeing one of these things run I wanted opinions on how good they are. As anyone with any brains what so ever knows, just cause it costs alot doesnt mean its any good.

I thought I made that clear in my question when I asked for opinions of those that own one or have seen one run, but I guess that was confusing to some.

I also wasnt aware this site was mainly bashers and not racers. I always thought in the past that I have received very educated responses on my questions reguarding racing on here.

One thing I never did understand about these boards is why people take the time to respond to a post they dont like. If I see a post I dont like I just skip over it
Old 08-15-2007, 02:37 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Firstly, blowpopracer, I edited your post. No need for that.

Secondly, while gubbs post may have been a bit patronising, and dare I say, bitter-sounding, he does have a point, and he didn't mean any offense, try to take it as it is, not as a personal attack.

I've no experience with this engine, but I expect the powerband is truly awesome. I don't know of anyone on here who has one, though there may be one or 2. It's true to say that unless you are a top racer, there's no real reason why such an insanely expensive engine would interest you, when a v-spec is adequate to win the worlds. I say if you want one you should get one, and then tell us how fantastic it, no doubt, is.

It sure is purty...

EDIT: I also disagree that this site is mainly bashers. In on-road and monster trucks, yes, but in buggy and truggy, there are some really experienced guys here.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:34 PM
supermod

you people sound like real <edited>.give the kid a brake he just asked a question.there is no such thing as a bad 1.as for foxy he has nothing better to do,also he doesent think there are any good engines besides rb.he also thinks .21s are faster than .28s.in my opinion hes modiatior status has gone to his head.as for the engine its 1 of the best and turns 42000 underload.rbs dont even do that.a good rule of thumb in the engine world is if its itlian it hauls.tootles[sm=punching.gif]
Old 08-15-2007, 04:08 PM
blowpopracer

Supermod thanks for the reply. That was more of the type of info Im looking for. I too am sure its awesome I just wanted to hear it from someone who has seen it un or ran one instead of someone like myself that has just read about it. I'm sure I will get some flack for this, but Im not interested in v-specs of the old version as ive seen two many people having problems with them. Seems like they are good for about 3 gallons then you start having problems. I am somewhat interested in the OS speed but in light of the vspec problems Im waiting till the guys at my track have more time on theirs before I purchase one. As I said so far by my experience the best engine I have had are jp modifieds, Im just looking to try something different.

I really like this site and have been given lots of great info off of it but reading posts and using the "search" button. However for some reason I feel like there are alot of people on here who like to bash peoples posts and for that Im not sure I will continue on here. I have seen numerous people put smart remarks towards someone just asking a honest question and no moderators do anything about it. Then when i call a spade a spade some overzealous moderator edits my post. I guess in the end what troubles me the most is why people bother bashing on peoples question, after all that is all they are is questions. If you dont like them or think they are dumb just pass over them.

As for the comments about people not needing that caliber of engine. While it may be exactly true isnt that up to the person to decide. If I suck at racing but love the hobby and love having fun what crime is it for me to buy more power than I need!

As I stated earlier what I wanted to hear bout is just if anyone had any experience with one, shame on me for asking a honest question.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: supermod

you people sound like real <edited>.give the kid a brake he just asked a question.there is no such thing as a bad 1.as for foxy he has nothing better to do,also he doesent think there are any good engines besides rb.he also thinks .21s are faster than .28s.in my opinion hes modiatior status has gone to his head.as for the engine its 1 of the best and turns 42000 underload.rbs dont even do that.a good rule of thumb in the engine world is if its itlian it hauls.tootles[sm=punching.gif]
I don't know where this guy's coming from. If you want a problem with me, then this is the way to go about it. I didn't criticize anybody's post and tried to give some useful info. As for 'I have nothing better to do', lol. That's funny, I haven't even been on here in a week!! Also, please explain how you think my moderator status has gone to my head? Did you see what was written in the above post? No, you didn't, so keep your personal attacks to yourself. We do a hard job on here keeping the forum readable for you, with no reward AT ALL except your snide remarks. Lastly, where on earth do you get the idea I think there are no good engines besides RB? I've stated MANY times, that they are my preference, not that they are the 'best' or better than any other top level racing engines. Also, where do you get the idea that I think .21s are faster than .28s? Yeh, that's why I just put an RB TM928 in my truggy. Give me strength. Oh, and most RB engines are italian inside. I didn't know you from Adam yesterday, so I don't know where you get the idea that you know me.

blowpop, I sincerely hope you didn't have that understanding of my post above. I think you should go for it if that's the engine you want, I have no reason at all why you shouldn't. I can't see how you can take my post above as anything but defensive of your post and supportive of your decision, so I don't know why you felt a need to comment 'shame on me for asking an honest question'. I can understand why you take exception to gubbs post, but not mine. I wish you the best.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:01 PM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: blowpopracer

Im not interested in v-specs of the old version
It was just an example, I'm not suggesting you consider it.

I have seen numerous people put smart remarks towards someone just asking a honest question and no moderators do anything about it.
Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about smart remarks, if they don't break the rules. Sorry about that.

I'm glad you enjoy the site, and I have no criticism of your original post, as is clear in my response. I don't understand why you have any frustration toward me. Anyway, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, and I only hope you do get the engine, as it would be nice to have some info on here about it.

Old 08-15-2007, 05:14 PM
blowpopracer

Foxy I have nothing personal against you. I think I stated pretty clearly above what I have a problem with.

As far as knowing why my post was edited.... actually I dont know why. I used no threats or foul language of any kind. I broke no rules that I am aware of. I simply stated reasons why I believe people like gubbs make remarks/comments that are no way in relation to the question I asked. I in no way shape or form asked if I should get this engine. I asked for peoples experience and of course instead I get people chiming in stating it is not needed, which is not what was asked.

So in closing I would like to reinterate my question...

If anyone has ran or seen a mario rossi tuned ninja run I would luv to hear what you thought of it. I dont want advice as to if I should buy it or not, I just wanna know your impressions of the engine!
Old 08-16-2007, 02:51 AM
gubbs3
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: foxy42

Secondly, while gubbs post may have been a bit patronising, and dare I say, bitter-sounding, he does have a point, and he didn't mean any offense, try to take it as it is, not as a personal attack.
Again I'll say what I posted was in no way a personal attack or the classic "flaming" of most internet forums.

Patronizing... maybe a little. Bitter.... absolutely. After rereading your original question it still has the same look and feel of all the hundreds of posts asking whether someone should buy something simply because it's the fastest.

I simply stated reasons why I believe people like gubbs make remarks/comments that are no way in relation to the question I asked. I in no way shape or form asked if I should get this engine. I asked for peoples experience and of course instead I get people chiming in stating it is not needed, which is not what was asked.
As a member of this site for almost six years, (I was about the 240th member), this is the first time I have ever been called one of "those people." In the last year or more I have frequented this site less and less due the overwhelming number of "best" posts that I see. Usually I pay them no mind and move on. However with someone asking that style of question directed towards a $550+ motor, lets just say that was one that did start to grind my gears.

I also disagree that this site is mainly bashers. In on-road and monster trucks, yes, but in buggy and truggy, there are some really experienced guys here.
I will just reiterate "vast majority." I do realize there are some very talented and experienced racers on this site. I've read and shared info with several users who are very knowledgeable and up there with the best. But like I said before, the vast majority has very little to do with racing and most often it is that group who is most willing to share their +/- experiences with you.

If anyone has ran or seen a mario rossi tuned ninja run I would luv to hear what you thought of it. I dont want advice as to if I should buy it or not, I just wanna know your impressions of the engine!
This question, while similar to the original, does sound much better to me. The original question started with "I am looking at getting one of these engines and..." which has exactly the same connotation as "should I." Anyone who has sales experience knows that question is a "buying question" and can be closed if fed the right information. If someone (anyone), with experience (or not because you really can't tell for sure) would have said it was fast, 10 min. per tank, easy to tune... etc., what would you do? Go out and buy it? Good chance because that question is begging for that response as an excuse to spend the extra money.

Now, again, I'm sorry if you took my response so personally. Had you been a basher looking at a ridiculous motor this probably would not have been much of an issue since the tone of my post was meant to put a little sense into the potential buyer's head. And like my "C" comment, had you been a seriously competitive racer, I would have thought you would have phrased the question differently with a little more specific information being requested which backs up why I thought it was one of those "best engine" threads.

I hope you do find out what you need to know in order to decide if you want this engine or not. It's not a small purchase and you should research it before you buy. Good luck to you.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:43 AM
blowpopracer

ORIGINAL: gubbs3

Again I'll say what I posted was in no way a personal attack or the classic "flaming" of most internet forums.

Patronizing... maybe a little. Bitter.... absolutely. After rereading your original question it still has the same look and feel of all the hundreds of posts asking whether someone should buy something simply because it's the fastest.

I simply stated reasons why I believe people like gubbs make remarks/comments that are no way in relation to the question I asked. I in no way shape or form asked if I should get this engine. I asked for peoples experience and of course instead I get people chiming in stating it is not needed, which is not what was asked.
As a member of this site for almost six years, (I was about the 240th member), this is the first time I have ever been called one of "those people." In the last year or more I have frequented this site less and less due the overwhelming number of "best" posts that I see. Usually I pay them no mind and move on. However with someone asking that style of question directed towards a $550+ motor, lets just say that was one that did start to grind my gears.

I also disagree that this site is mainly bashers. In on-road and monster trucks, yes, but in buggy and truggy, there are some really experienced guys here.
I will just reiterate "vast majority." I do realize there are some very talented and experienced racers on this site. I've read and shared info with several users who are very knowledgeable and up there with the best. But like I said before, the vast majority has very little to do with racing and most often it is that group who is most willing to share their +/- experiences with you.

This question, while similar to the original, does sound much better to me. The original question started with "I am looking at getting one of these engines and..." which has exactly the same connotation as "should I." Anyone who has sales experience knows that question is a "buying question" and can be closed if fed the right information. If someone (anyone), with experience (or not because you really can't tell for sure) would have said it was fast, 10 min. per tank, easy to tune... etc., what would you do? Go out and buy it? Good chance because that question is begging for that response as an excuse to spend the extra money.

Now, again, I'm sorry if you took my response so personally. Had you been a basher looking at a ridiculous motor this probably would not have been much of an issue since the tone of my post was meant to put a little sense into the potential buyer's head. And like my "C" comment, had you been a seriously competitive racer, I would have thought you would have phrased the question differently with a little more specific information being requested which backs up why I thought it was one of those "best engine" threads.

I hope you do find out what you need to know in order to decide if you want this engine or not. It's not a small purchase and you should research it before you buy. Good luck to you.

I appologize as well for my post. I too have about had it with some of the people on these forums. My problem is with people that respond to posts that have nothing to do with the question. I always research my purchases first which is why you will find me on most of the rc message boards. Up until now I have never had a question that I wrote get bashed on and to say it angered me would be a understatement. I can c where you are coming from "gubb" but with that being said I believe your post was in no way related to my question. To me anyone who reads my question can clearly understand I want feedback on the mrt ninja engine and not a should I buy or not. I know I do not need this engine, IMO most people dont need the engine they choose to put in their rc's and I admit I fall into that category. I enjoy having something different and also enjoy having buku power and if that comes with a high price tag I dont mind paying the price. However no matter how much power or how different it is Im not into throwing money down the toilet and that is why I asked for feedback from anyone who has seen this engine run first hand.

I dont mean to flame you when I say this but anyone who is mature whatsoever knows that just because it costs alot dont mean its good and I thats why I wanted clarity about the product.

In closing I appologize if I offended anyone with my remarks, and I guess I have learned a lesson about this forum. Its really sad that I feel like i can no longer post a question on here without getting flamed as the people in the hpi savage forum have helped me a great deal with my modded race savage. So to anyone who has helped me in the past thank you very much, and to anyone who is reading this post now dont bother responding as I will no longer be posting on the rcu forums!
Old 08-17-2007, 09:27 AM
gtsum

ORIGINAL: gubbs3

I appologize as well for my post. I too have about had it with some of the people on these forums. My problem is with people that respond to posts that have nothing to do with the question. I always research my purchases first which is why you will find me on most of the rc message boards. Up until now I have never had a question that I wrote get bashed on and to say it angered me would be a understatement. I can c where you are coming from "gubb" but with that being said I believe your post was in no way related to my question. To me anyone who reads my question can clearly understand I want feedback on the mrt ninja engine and not a should I buy or not. I know I do not need this engine, IMO most people dont need the engine they choose to put in their rc's and I admit I fall into that category. I enjoy having something different and also enjoy having buku power and if that comes with a high price tag I dont mind paying the price. However no matter how much power or how different it is Im not into throwing money down the toilet and that is why I asked for feedback from anyone who has seen this engine run first hand.

I dont mean to flame you when I say this but anyone who is mature whatsoever knows that just because it costs alot dont mean its good and I thats why I wanted clarity about the product.

In closing I appologize if I offended anyone with my remarks, and I guess I have learned a lesson about this forum. Its really sad that I feel like i can no longer post a question on here without getting flamed as the people in the hpi savage forum have helped me a great deal with my modded race savage. So to anyone who has helped me in the past thank you very much, and to anyone who is reading this post now dont bother responding as I will no longer be posting on the rcu forums!
the way I see it, if you are running JP engines, you know quality and you know that quality and being exclusive cost money - i.e the MRT Ninja - I say go ahead and get it and try it out....I had the regular Ninja and loved it, so I can only assume this one is more of the same - kind of like the OS Speed compared to a vspec...the vspec is great and for the people that say the OS Speed is not worth the 500 bones.....well, they have never seen one run that is properly tuned...it makes the standard vspec look slow (it is way too much motor for me!) - I would expect the same of the MRT Ninja vs the regular Ninja, and if that is the case, then you better be a pretty good driver to handle it all!! Good luck with it!
Old 08-17-2007, 07:54 PM
bozla

Back to the case in point:

The ninja is a very powerful engine - but I have seen a lot of people have some problems with it. Because the compression is so tight the con-rods get damaged easily, and you'll probably go through 5 or 6 before the engine breaks in fully - you have been warned! When you get the engine, it should come with 2 extra shims - stick them in to reduce the compression for the first gallon or so, I know people who run this permanently just to protect the engine/con-rod from damage. Another trick (if your running on-road) is to take the bearings (or at least the front one on the crank side) out and replace it with the the bearing from the off-road version, it's much more durable.

This engine does suffer reliability issues, it's new and there are more tricks to learn. I was at the British 1/8 nationals last weekend and I was asking about the engine since a lot of guys were running it, but I've yet to meet anyone who's 100% happy.

Boz
Old 08-17-2007, 08:11 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was looking at them...thinking of perhaps getting one, but the lack of bushings in the connecting rod really put me off. If I read the description correctly, neither end has a bushing!?

I don't know, but it seems to me like that's just asking for trouble...unless you break it in just right, you stand a good chance at galling it, and that leads to bigger problems.