Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Official RB Engine Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 05:52 PM
ttoks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official RB Engine Thread!

i'm a heavy metals fabricator, so i do a lot of welding, kinda needs a steady hand for that lol, should make things a bit easier.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:13 PM
megamaxx

i am a heavy equipment operator,used to always having to force something to move,wouldnt work out to well on a tiny copper sleeve,or poor defenseless piston...lol
Old 10-13-2007, 11:17 PM
jeffmiz
Banned

The only thing i dont like about the rb 523 and 323 is the price of the p/s[]
Old 10-14-2007, 06:19 AM
megamaxx

RB is not the only high priced p/s,but yes they are expensive,gives ya a little incentive to take really good care of your RB engine
Old 10-14-2007, 06:52 AM
Jason83

hahaha yeah i do after run oil after every run cos i wanna keep it tight lol after run oil and wd40 and ya cant go wrong
i just killed my first glow plug today, 4 litres, is that good?
Old 10-14-2007, 07:44 AM
ttoks

for the break in plug, yes thats very good, i got 3 liters from my first plug with the RB.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:50 AM
RCCanuck

dpends what fuel you are using???? if you use a fuel that has after run in it you only have to do the after run if it will be sitting for 2 weeks or more....
Since I stopped doing the after run thing every time i run I haven't burnt up 1 plug....
I know it says to remove the glowplug to do after run but I always thought that was a bit risky since there is allways dirt and grit arround the head button and don't always have a can of break cleaner.....did the break in and about 1 gallon so far on the Picco and I just pulled the backplate off of it last night and had a look inside the engine...it looks brand new accept for the brownish red film from the fuel I use....Morgan fuels sidewinder 20%
My point is after run is hard on plugs and its a wasted step(especially WD40) when you use the right fuel.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:06 PM
ttoks

i just drop a few drops of trinity ARO in the carb andc rank it over with the plug loose to do after run, then tighten it back up and leave it for however long it may be left for.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:49 PM
megamaxx

WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!finally was comfortable enough to lean her out,OMG,this is the fastest/quickest maxx i have ever built......the RB523 is the smoothest engine,it pulls from beginning to end and everywhere in between.thanx to everyone for your input and knowledge
Old 10-14-2007, 09:14 PM
crazzyrevo

Gday ttoks dave from morrcc in melbourne if you want a engine mod or re pinch done go to massivemods great work 48 hour turn around give mark a call on (02) 9557 2770
if you use massivemods to do this tell mark. Dave from melbourne give you the details he will look after you.
and it would be good to register with massivemods.com
Old 10-15-2007, 06:39 AM
Blackhawk4
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: crazzyrevo

Gday ttoks dave from morrcc in melbourne if you want a engine mod or re pinch done go to massivemods great work 48 hour turn around give mark a call on (02) 9557 2770
if you use massivemods to do this tell mark. Dave from melbourne give you the details he will look after you.
and it would be good to register with massivemods.com

umm im gonna go out on a limb and say threadjacker
Old 10-15-2007, 06:50 AM
ttoks

nah he's just giving me a little advice, he owns an off orad track about 2 hours from where ei live, since i'v mentioned re pinching (for my RB that is as well), and him and massive mods have good relations hes just point me in the right direction.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:36 AM
jarett 92

well guys, finally the engine came in. it started last night...idled for like 10 seconds then died...pretty normal for not being up to temps only 6 tanks in. and then it wouldnt fire at all...turns out my ignitor was dead...so i let that charge overnight...and im gonna try it again when i get home from school. do u think its necessary to still heat it up or over the cooling head 6 tanks in? its not even that tight.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:14 AM
megamaxx

better safe than sorry
Old 10-16-2007, 06:49 AM
ttoks

i like to heat all my engines regardless when i can, my LRP z.28 still has that much pinch that when cold it's fairly hard to turn over without the plug in.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:17 PM
jarett 92

well right now it seems like its hard to keep going unless i give it some throttle. doesnt idle more than ten seconds before it dies. this a problem? i leaned the HSN and LSN a little too...it was so rich it was rediculas.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:22 PM
ttoks

bump up ya idle a little as well maybe.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:18 PM
megamaxx

for being in this 2+ decades i sure pulled a newby f-up,remember when i put the 523 in my maxx i was having trouble with the engine sitting forward and the sg/cb were hitting each other,well had it out yesterday running the crap out of it,flipped it from a dead stop,knocked the engine lose screwing up the throttle linkage,now for the good part,upon removing the engine i realized the engine mount is backwards setting the engine forward,another [&:]words my dumb a&& dremeled a perfectly good chassis,stupid stupid stupid!!!!!!!![:@]
Old 10-18-2007, 08:59 PM
megamaxx

took the time to get the start shaft in the 323 tonight,man i love rb engines,been sitting close to 6 weeks,2 pulls fired right up and purred like a kitten,the revo2.5 and the rb 323 are an awesome combo....quick,quick,QUICK!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2007, 05:30 AM
RCCanuck

where did you all get your RB's from???? the only distributers here in Canada are in Quebec and well I'd rather not buy anything from that province......Christmas is coming and this is going to be my gift to my Maxxinator.....the Picco will go into my 2.5..
Old 10-19-2007, 05:38 AM
jarett 92

www.towerhobbies.com
or
www.amainhobbies.com
Old 10-20-2007, 08:50 PM
jeffmiz
Banned

does any one know the rpms on the tm 523?
Old 10-20-2007, 09:04 PM
Revomad1

Default RE: Official RB Motor Thread!

ORIGINAL: Danju

ORIGINAL: l8apex

ORIGINAL: jarett 92

the RB 523 and 323 come with the motor, mount, header and pipe all in one. thats why i liked this engine so much. just one purchase...one company, so if something goes wrong, just one company to deal with.

i agree i love the fact it was a complete package. i have a 523 and was wondering if anyone has any issues with air leaks? i dont but may seal the engine as a precaution. also what temps are you all running at?
simple:
1. get high temp RTV
2. take off backplate, carb, exhaust system..ETC...anywhere you think a leak can occur
3. apply a thin bead of RTV in between parts that join together. you may also want to reinforce rubber o-rings by applying some RTV too.
4. put it back all together.
5. wait 24 hrs.
6. your done!!

for the front bearing:
1. find exactly where the leak is. rubber seal or in between crankshaft and inner race.
2. if its in between crankshaft and inner race skip to step 4. if its rubber seal, proceed to step 3.
3. you need to buy a new bearing. no way around it. (unless you want to be el-cheap and seal a moving part with RTV[&:] which it wont work)
4. you need to get a type of special sealant that will seal very small leaks. or use thread lock (which i usestill works)

These are all good tips. I use Permatex high temp thread sealer on my carb needles. It comes in a white tube. I had an air leak on my high speed needle on my Picco .26 maxx and this stuff solved the problem. You may have to re-apply it occasionally if your adjusting the needles frequently.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:32 PM
jarett 92

okay i tried it again today...and im getting somewhere. i opened the idle and it idles...the idle screw wasnt open enough...cant get it to idle too long but longer than before...and as soon as i take the ignitor off it dies. and its alot tighter than i thought it would be after 6 tanks. and i ordered 2 more glow plugs cause mine are getting soaked in the fuel.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:35 PM
ttoks

try a warmer glow plug, maybe the RB #7 instead of the #6 if it's dieing as soon as you take the glower off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.