Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

OS 12TR question????

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 11:10 AM
almtx3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 12TR question????

Fired up a used OS 12TR this weekend that I picked up on ebay a few weeks ago and man that thing was quick! Ive never owned or ran an O.S. Always had novas, but I was totally impressed with this engine. Does any one have more info on this engine?

Was it replaced by the .12TZ? I cant find anything on it so if anyone's got some info or has owned one I would appreciate any insight.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:13 PM
almtx3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OS 12TR question????

OK so I finally ran my car against my buds Xray Nt1. Hes running a new .12 Mugen ninja and I'm running a tired OS .12TR. We haven't gotten down to some real side by side action yet but I was really impressed with the way my OS kept up with his ninja. The ninja has given us a hard time from the beginning tuning wise but we finally got it running and I wont deny that its fast, but this OS has left not only me but my best friend speechless. Whats going on here? Shouldn't the ninja have totally blown my OS out of the water? I mean thats what I was expecting. Lets get some of the obvious factors out of the way. We are not professional drivers but we are not rookies. We can drive our cars and get around the track OK. Were not pulling the best times but we race the same so driving skills are equal here. Hes actually gotten more track time than me and drives very well. The ninja is running good but there has to be more power in it that we haven't tapped into yet.

Bottom line is, do you need to spend so much money on a .12 engine when you get similar performance from a way cheaper engine, or are we doing something wrong here?