Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Kyosho GXR28 ENGINE TROUBLE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 03:24 PM
Generalx5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kyosho GXR28 ENGINE TROUBLE!!!

if you cant get it to start right. Look at the begining page 1 of this thread.....I went through alot to get it to run without choking.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:08 PM
w.reid306

hey, yea i had a read through it, was a great help! i was definately running lean, and i think overheated and the plugs went

ordered some new ones, and hopefully once i richen the mixture, i can get the car to run perfectly!

what settings are you running now?
Old 03-25-2009, 01:07 PM
cstyker

Hi!
I bought a slightly used Inferno ST (truggy) with the GXR28SG engine and just started it up last night for a few minutes and quickly noticed the same problems described here - stalling, fuel coming out of exhaust etc...
I'm using an OS A5 plug and 20% fuel, outside temp around 0 Celsius.

Should I consider changing my orings? What are the differences between the GXR28SG and the GXR28?
Should I try tuning as follows?

idle - .5 to .9 mm out
LSN - .4mm from flush
HSN - 2.3 out from closed

I just want the thing to be reliable and not have to re-tune every hour!

Thanks!
Old 04-20-2009, 04:32 AM
Wish_Mastera

Hello guys. I have big problems with my GXR28, just the same as discribed stall when give throtle, but I solve this when changing few types of plugs. Now the major problem is that from short time there is no responce when I hit the full throtle. I have very nice acceleration and good finger response, but just only in slower speed. From 1/2 of the throtle to the end its no more acceleration and the truggy goes max with 20-25km/h, so the top speed is poor. I know you will tell me to close the HSN, even now the engine goes more then 140-145C, so its very hot enough to lean it more. What elese could be the problem? I opened and checked the piston and slave, they look very smoked, but no scratches or so. I tried every settings of the both needles. I think there is a problem with the carb ot the O-rings from the low speed needle. Few ppl said about exchanging the O-rings with bigger ones, because the stock are leaking after some time. So I want to show you 2 pictures to see the small hole I have in the carb. When I test the carb for airleaks, there are lots of bubles comming from there. Can somebody with the same carb check if you have this hole too and what else could be the problem for not getting top speed and geting really hot 150C.
P.s.
I have Inferno ST US truggy, the plug is OS A5 and the air temp when I tested was 10C.

Thanks,
Stanislav

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42884.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	208.9 KB
ID:	1183768   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qm35869.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	1183769  
Old 04-20-2009, 05:41 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: cstyker

Hi!
I bought a slightly used Inferno ST (truggy) with the GXR28SG engine and just started it up last night for a few minutes and quickly noticed the same problems described here - stalling, fuel coming out of exhaust etc...
I'm using an OS A5 plug and 20% fuel, outside temp around 0 Celsius.

Should I consider changing my orings? What are the differences between the GXR28SG and the GXR28?
Should I try tuning as follows?

idle - .5 to .9 mm out
LSN - .4mm from flush
HSN - 2.3 out from closed

I just want the thing to be reliable and not have to re-tune every hour!

Thanks!
I wouldn't necessairly say that u would have to change the o-rings. The only reason u should have to do that is if u test for air leaks in the carb and u find out that in fact there is one or more leaks. THEN, its obviously a good idea to change the o-rings in the high speed needle and the 1 or more o-rings that sit on the carb neck...as for having to re-tune it every hour, u should not have to re-tune all that often with the exception of the fact that when the weather changes drastically, or even just a small amount; the settings u had previously set and ran with may no longer continue to work because of the change in those "enviromental" variables....
Old 04-20-2009, 09:30 PM
Generalx5

ORIGINAL: Wish_Mastera

the truggy goes max with 20-25km/h, so the top speed is poor. I know you will tell me to close the HSN, even now the engine goes more then 140-145C, so its very hot enough to lean it more. What elese could be the problem?

Your second gear probably isnt engaging...maybe your stuck on the first gear. Check the 2 speed tranny on that and you might need to insert allen key in there and loosen the second gear. Its its too tight it will never kick into second gear. So you will have to go in there and unscrew the set screw(counter clockwise to loosen, and vice versa). Hope that helps!

The following picture shows where you make the adjustment, its in the center bulk where the 2 speed gear sets are. Your are adjusting the metal clutch set inside smaller gear set.

Use an allen key on the marked red arrow, not the other one, the otehr one locks the gear onto the shaft.

[Attached]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70983.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	1184318  
Old 04-21-2009, 05:06 AM
Wish_Mastera

Thanks for answering, but I dont have 2nd gear. This is inferno ST US RTR truggy and it should get to 80km/h as specification says. I have measure it with speed gun and it get to 67km/h before. From short time I cant even get to 25km/h. Can you please take off your rubber cover on the one side of the carb and check if you have the same hole? I doubt your carb got such one, but just want to be sure... How can I seal it, or must exchange the whole carb?
Thanks,
Stanislav
Old 05-19-2009, 05:35 PM
napster08

hi there iv had a kyosho inferno gt for about 5 months now but i havent used it very often as everytime i do use it something breaks , iv been having a lot of engine trouble , when i first had the car it was fine , but now i can not seem to find the correct settings to make the engine run smoothly , when i start it up it starts fine , but the somtimes the engine is running but the wheels are not turning , so i just stop the engine and re start it , but when i do finnally get it going , when i come to use it it runs away from me on idle speed and wont stop like when i firts had it , and stalls constantly and is so annoying , i need some help , iv tried ajusting all of the needles and idle but if i lower the idle to stop the car running away it just stalls or wont start , im so confusesd id be grate full for any help

pleaaasssse help
thanks
jamie
Old 07-11-2009, 04:20 PM
carlbrainiac

Hey everyone. Im new to this site and forum. Just coming on for some help and advice really. Im into my planes and occasionally helicopters. I even have a small electric boat. And several cars. Basically Im into anything RC. Anyways more to the point I have recently been trying to get my cars running again. Although Idont understand why Ikeep trying as I just tend to throw loads of money at them and still they dont work and or break 5 mins after. Hence why Imainly stick with my planes as if they break I just glue em back together again. Unlike the cars and helis where if they go wrong you have to throw a load more money at them :-( But I am determind not to be beaten by them this time.

I also have one of these Kyosho Inferno GT 1/8 on road 2 speed cars. And like you I have also been having problems with my engine. However finally Igot it tuned absolutly spot on. Would start on first pull of the cord. Would Idle all day long without missing a beat. Would pick up beutifully. And top end was blisteringly fast. However overheating does appear to be a majour issue with these engines and it was constantly burning out whatever plug Iput in the thing.

And now it has got so hot (even running without a body shell on) And it basically seized solid and the con rod has come through the side of the engine. So thats the end of that. Now I cant bare to go through all that again. So Im not interested in getting another of these engines.

The advice I am after is what engine to go for instead?

Lets pretend for a moment, "MONEYNOOBJECT" What would you go for?

I am idealy looking for something of similar power so I dont have to naff about changing the 2 speed gear box gear ratios. And Idealy looking for something with a pull start. But I want easy starting. As like you guys Im fed up of the blisters. And I want reliablility and good performance with obviously excellent cooling so Idont suffer this problem again. And yes I am aware that I will require the MP7 Engine mount to fit a different engine into my car.

Any help much appreciated as Idont really have any helpful shops in my area. They tend to just want to sell me the stuff they want to get rid of because they have had it in stock for ages. Rather than actually meeting my needs. And thought I would find better help here from the people that have actually tried and experienced the different engines. Trouble is no matter what the engine they all seem to have good and bad ones and what one person says "oh yeh fantastic engine never let me down" another person will reply "Oh god no biggest load of **** going" This makes it very difficult for me to choose.

Thanks in advance

Carl
Old 07-11-2009, 04:52 PM
napster08

yehh finally sorted it out, was just a clutch spring, if anyone is looking to buy an inferno gt dbr9, mine is currently up for sale, if anyone is interested, will take offers, thankss
Old 07-11-2009, 04:55 PM
napster08

for sale inferno gt, aston martin body, good condition, only 6 months old, used about 15 tanks, if you interested message me back , taking offers, thankss