Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Engines > Car Nitro & Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

GV Dominator / Force 25 Engine Run in & Tuning...

Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

GV Dominator / Force 25 Engine Run in & Tuning...

Old 03-22-2009, 04:29 AM
Virgin_Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GV Dominator / Force 25 Engine Run in & Tuning...

Hi,
Sorry if this is a basic problem...

I've recently got my first nitro car (GV Dominator - Possibly a newer version of the XT2 or a copy)... and I have been running in the engine (Force 25).

Ive looked the the DVD and the various video on youtube, however, I'm still not sure about a couple of things...

Most of the info that I have read indicates that the engine temp (measure down the cooling fins to the glowplug) should only be around the 100-110degC (212-230degF)..

However, with that I believe is a rich engine (3 & 1/2 turns out), the engine temp seems to easly hit 125degC (250degF).

I have read somewhere that engine temp isnt a good indicator of tuning...

During the 3 or 4 runs I have done, I have seen smoke from the engine and unburnt fuel/oil and have not taken the throttle above about 1/2 WOT most of the time with one or two full throttle "couple of seconds"...

Can anyone offer some ideas or advice??? I am going to be taking back to the hobby shop I bought it from to let them have a look.

Oh.. Another couple of things that I have noticed is:

1. If I pinch the fuel line, there doesnt seem to be increase in engine revs..
2. When I tried the full throttle, a couple of times the engine would die (esp if I didnt it very quickly to WOT)..
3. The high needle is level with the top of the sleeve it sits in (3 & 1/2 to 4 turns up from the bottom)..

Thanks in Advance

Adrian
Old 03-22-2009, 12:54 PM
jikkuria

Default RE: GV Dominator / Force 25 Engine Run in & Tuning...

well, temp can be useful, but as a secondary tuning measure. i find it best to tune from smoke/performance then temp second. if i were you i would reset the needles to a stock setting then tune from there. at a high speed run there should be good amount of blue smoke coming from the pipe, and you can tune this with your high speed needle. to tune the low speed idle, get your high speed idle set where you like it then lean/richen the low speed for crisp launches.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:58 AM
above the limit

ORIGINAL: Virgin_Blue

Hi,
Sorry if this is a basic problem...

I've recently got my first nitro car (GV Dominator - Possibly a newer version of the XT2 or a copy)... and I have been running in the engine (Force 25).

Ive looked the the DVD and the various video on youtube, however, I'm still not sure about a couple of things...

Most of the info that I have read indicates that the engine temp (measure down the cooling fins to the glowplug) should only be around the 100-110degC (212-230degF)..

However, with that I believe is a rich engine (3 & 1/2 turns out), the engine temp seems to easly hit 125degC (250degF).

I have read somewhere that engine temp isnt a good indicator of tuning...

During the 3 or 4 runs I have done, I have seen smoke from the engine and unburnt fuel/oil and have not taken the throttle above about 1/2 WOT most of the time with one or two full throttle "couple of seconds"...

Can anyone offer some ideas or advice??? I am going to be taking back to the hobby shop I bought it from to let them have a look.

Oh.. Another couple of things that I have noticed is:

1. If I pinch the fuel line, there doesnt seem to be increase in engine revs..
2. When I tried the full throttle, a couple of times the engine would die (esp if I didnt it very quickly to WOT)..
3. The high needle is level with the top of the sleeve it sits in (3 & 1/2 to 4 turns up from the bottom)..

Thanks in Advance

Adrian
I have had similar problem on my Jammin X1 CR with .25 Force Engine.. It gave a hard time during break in but after break in, this engine is monster. It will hit really high speeds only after your 10th tank. OK here is my advice, Dont follow the tuning guide.. They are wrong... Your base setting for .25 force engine is flush. The high speed needle, low speed needle and you idle needle should be set flush. Once it is done see the difference. Keep the car running on the open space with the cover of during the break in. I wouldnt be too worried abt the eng temp as long as it is spitting out fuel. Make sure your idle is normal, after 6 tanks slowly lean it out.. See other threads where they talk abt tuning your force engine. It really helped me..

Old 03-22-2010, 07:01 AM
above the limit

BTW - your engine is running very lean on the low end.Adjust your low speed needle.. Not all engine have the same settings..