Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Axial .32

Old 08-22-2009, 11:39 AM
Samson4721

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axial .32

My buddy has a .32 Axial in his 8t and so do I. His though has the DX3.0S radio with the temp gauge. When we went to tune them up at the track hit radio kept reading the motor was over heating, the alarm would go off at 260. But his tune seems pretty rich, so much so its laggy in throttle response.

I am wondering if his sensor is in the wrong location, it is below the heat sink I think. Would this cause a high reading even though the motor is running pretty rich?

Also do you guys have any tips for tuning these 3 needle carbs?

thanks
Zach
Old 08-23-2009, 11:34 AM
savagecommander

Default RE: Axial .32

is it the wire type of sensor? i think those have to go on a certain way, and if yu dont it could give goofy readings.

and i think if you search a little youd find a wealth of info on tunning carbs.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:02 PM
Samson4721

yeah I figured it should be in a certain spot. It is the wired sensor for the spectrum dx3.0s. Does anyone know were it should be mounted on this motor, is there a specific spot to get a good temp reading on this motor?
Old 08-24-2009, 09:29 AM
Hoese37

most wire systems nee to be mounted between the second and third cooling fin with the actual sensor peice placed to the front or sides of the block, not the rear above the exhaust.