Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

wasp .18? good?

Old 03-14-2010, 01:04 AM
navyeoseabee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wasp .18? good?

i just picked up a rc10gt built up to be a factory edition, but i am not sure if i am going to keep it. i am looking at this very cheaply priced engine it is $40.00 bucks, i know the old saying "you get what you pay for" but has any one used one?

- i heard they have no LSN...is that true?is that bad? i have always had big blocks on every thing but couple cars in the past. thanks for the help. -arick

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=ORN81087
Old 03-14-2010, 07:16 AM
JDenyer232

Default RE: wasp .18? good?

Well it is true that you get what you pay for in an engine. But at $40 if you run a few gallons of fuel thru it and it's done, then you got your moneys worth out of it. I haven't  used one so I can't comment on that, but at $40 I would take the chance and run it till it dies. No LSN can be a blessing and a curse, not having one makes tuning easy as there is only one needle to set, on the other hand you lose flexibility in tuning, ie you can't adjust the low to mid range, you just kinda get what's given. I say go for it
Old 03-14-2010, 01:53 PM
navyeoseabee

Default RE: wasp .18? good?

i may try the engine.. more and more i think about it.