RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Car Nitro & Gas Engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/car-nitro-gas-engines-269/)
-   -   machstar 28 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/car-nitro-gas-engines-269/9720442-machstar-28-a.html)

aussiexl59 05-08-2010 09:56 PM

machstar 28

trying to start my buggy that has a machster 28 in it.its not getting fuel.i cant blow up the fuel line.its a new tank n lines,and ive checked all that...it happens when i tighten the hsn housin up.ive takin it all apart thinking there was a blockage but when i tighten it up i cant blow fuel thru line to carby.if i loosen it fuel leaks thru the washers.is the carb blocked?can anyone please help?

rpg711 05-09-2010 09:22 AM

RE: machstar 28

Humm, you really wern't very descriptive... check for leaks in your fuel line and pressure line, make sure your pipe is connected and no gaskets have ruptures, make sure your engine is sealed, make sure you are blowing through the right tube to prime it, make sure your pressure line is actually connected, make sure you are at stock HSN, LSN, and Idle settings, make sure everything is nice and clean.

aussiexl59 05-10-2010 03:07 AM

mate...new fuel tank and yes ive blown through it to make sure its clear.new fuel line and filter ,all clear and filter rite way round...i am blowin up rite line,when i blow up the pressure line from the pipe,the fuel comes out alittle then cant blow anymore coz its blocked.i have taken the hsn assembly out and cleaned it...still blocked...i dont know any other way to type it bro.THE CARBY IS BLOCKED SOMEWHERE PAST THE HSN.i have taken the hsn off my other truck,4.6,and its still blocked.i then took carb of my 4.6 savage motor and put it on the macstar...and it now runs.if u look into the hole where the hsn screws into there seems to be a brass colored bar or rod half covering the hole.is that sposed to be there?ive tried to move it but it wont budge.i think when i tighten the hsn assembly into that hole it hits the rod and blocks the fuel (and air from blowin).oh yeah,the hsn setting is 2 turns out from in.

Anthoop 05-10-2010 11:37 AM

It is a 3 needle carb on the Macstar .28....no?

The midrange needle should be set so that the head of the needle is flush with the casing and the hole visible when the hsn needle is removed should be in the centre...
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...d/midrange.jpg

rpg711 05-11-2010 11:04 AM

ORIGINAL: aussiexl59

mate...new fuel tank and yes ive blown through it to make sure its clear.new fuel line and filter ,all clear and filter rite way round...i am blowin up rite line,when i blow up the pressure line from the pipe,the fuel comes out alittle then cant blow anymore coz its blocked.i have taken the hsn assembly out and cleaned it...still blocked...i dont know any other way to type it bro.THE CARBY IS BLOCKED SOMEWHERE PAST THE HSN.i have taken the hsn off my other truck,4.6,and its still blocked.i then took carb of my 4.6 savage motor and put it on the macstar...and it now runs.if u look into the hole where the hsn screws into there seems to be a brass colored bar or rod half covering the hole.is that sposed to be there?ive tried to move it but it wont budge.i think when i tighten the hsn assembly into that hole it hits the rod and blocks the fuel (and air from blowin).oh yeah,the hsn setting is 2 turns out from in.
your LSN is probably too lean and blocking the flow

aussiexl59 05-12-2010 04:05 AM

lsn setting was 2 turns out from in...

rpg711 05-12-2010 05:29 PM

lsn setting was 2 turns out from in...
what's stock for your motor? most LSN stock settings are flush with the side of the carb, could be what is messing things up

aussiexl59 05-13-2010 03:25 AM

my mate just got a hobao pirate mt and it has the same engine.i went of his settings.his runs great...

rpg711 05-13-2010 12:02 PM

my mate just got a hobao pirate mt and it has the same engine.i went of his settings.his runs great...
Well, try opening the engine up and taking everything out, cleaning everything with nitro spray, and then lubing everything WELL with after run oil or WD40(nitro cleaner will take out ALL the grease). Take your carb assembly completely apart, needles backed out, LSN housing and shoe backed out, and try blowing through the fuel nipple again. If it's still blocked, you have a real problem with the carb, which would require replacement, or warranty if you are running a new motor. If not, spray everything down with nitro cleaner and lube again with after run oil or wd40. Beyond that, I'd be left with a lack of words, because that's all you can do to the engine. If it still has the blockage, you probably got a bad engine.